News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Champs League Squad announced

Started by Swiss, August 09, 2016, 12:28:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

Was actually announced prior to Stones officially signing...

Manchester City’s full Champions League squad
Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Willy Caballero

Defenders: Bacary Sagna, Pablo Zabaleta, Aleksandar Kolorov, Gael Clichy, John Stones, Jason Denayer, Nicolas Otamendi

Midfielders: Fernando, Fernandinho, Raheem Sterling, Jesus Navas, Kevin De Bruyne, Leroy Sane, Fabian Delph, David Silva, Yaya Toure

Forwards: Nolito, Sergio Aguero, Kelechi Iheanacho

Notable absentees

Kompany
Nasri
Bony
Mangala

Lekos

This is just for the qualifying round though isn't it.  Fairly sure squad list can be adjusted prior to group games.

Swiss

I know you can adjust it around christmas time but don't know after qualification.

Missed Gundogan off the absent list.

zacc

announcing the team with Stones helped knock the Pogba headline off :D

Lekos

Neil Mcnab

This is just for the Steau games surely.

zacc

Quote from: Lekos on August 09, 2016, 19:01:00
Zacc's back to invisible ink  :D

getting ready to be the invisible fan for the season ;)

gavin

Yes, just for the qualifiers this. Interesting to see Denayer and not the really young lad on it. Curtains for Mangala, Nasri and Bony.

Swiss

Tosin?

Makes sense to me, Denayer has loads more experience.

gavin

Yes, the young lad had a bit of a stinker on Sunday. There's time for him yet but I thought Denayer should be further forward,

KunDB

I reckon we might just line up with Stones and Fernandinho playing at Centre Back for our first few games.

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on August 09, 2016, 21:39:33
Yes, the young lad had a bit of a stinker on Sunday. There's time for him yet but I thought Denayer should be further forward,

Indeed, could be very good for us in a year or 2 so long as we expose him at the right times.

By Further forward do you means in terms of progression or playing him as a striker? :D

I think so too (Progression). But it does make sense to have him in the squad if it's just for these Steaua games.

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on August 09, 2016, 20:55:02
Yes, just for the qualifiers this. Interesting to see Denayer and not the really young lad on it. Curtains for Mangala, Nasri and Bony.

City haven't submitted the B-list yet which will have the HG u-21s in it, including Tosin, Angelino etc. That doesn't have to be in until 24hrs before the first leg.

gavin

Quote from: Zabba on August 09, 2016, 22:17:05
I reckon we might just line up with Stones and Fernandinho playing at Centre Back for our first few games.

When I saw the team on Sunday I thought Fernandinho must be playing centre half given Pep's previous comments about him being capable of doing so. It would make it even more curious that he didn't if he then played there in a league game first!