News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Watford PL

Started by KunDB, December 04, 2021, 16:31:37

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Ederson, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, Rodrigo, Gundogan (C), Bernardo, Sterling, Foden, Grealish

SUBS | Steffen, Carson, Stones, Ake, Jesus, Zinchenko, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Mahrez

Mega strong team

C'mon City win and we are top of the Premier League

Stephen Paul

Good strong team

C/Mon City

Stephen Paul

gavin

Getting close to full strength again. Great to see. Bit curious how he keeps putting Carson on the bench.

Shame about the scousers but at the start of today I'd have settled for us to have to win to go top.

KunDB

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

Dippers top of the league for 46 minutes

Stephen Paul

Bernardo is on some form

gavin

Seems wrong to complain at 2-0 up at half time but I'm going to do it anyway because I'm ill. Our finishing has been dreadful again. It is beyond ridiculous how such a talented team can be so bad at finishing.

As for Grealish, I'd be tempted to get rid on a free after that first half performance.

lee

We need a striker.We need a lethal finisher in the box.Im not complaining about our play but as Gav said above we are wasteful.Should be 4 or 5 up!!

lee

Rowley Birkin QC

Nasty 'professional' foul that...

KunDB

Definitely need a Pep striker, lethal and industrious for the team.

Three points job done.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, City top of the premier league tree.

gavin

Good win again. The table is beginning to take shape now  :D

We need to improve our finishing still or it will cost us in a big, tough game.

Victoria

Grealish a waste of money not worth 100m

Victoria

We need a striker or 2 that can give us 20+ goals a season. That I think is our weakness. Liverpool are scoring goals for fun and I think if Sala and Mane don't get injured they will win the premier-league.  The goal difference between  us an them is getting bigger by the week

Hesperus

ACON could impact Liverpools forward line with Mane abs Sarah away.

Agree though we need a striker. We’re doing well but it feels like we’re not scoring as many as previous seasons  (haven’t checked the stats though).

If Haaland has a £75 mill release clause that starts in Jan. I’d be all over that If I was Tixi.

Stephen Paul

Sergio will be hard to replace but Haaland would be my first choice

Stephen Paul

Bernardo in top form this season

Neil Mcnab

Great result, onto the next one. Does Haaland suit Pep?

zacc

KunDB

Quote from: Victoria on December 05, 2021, 02:21:23
Grealish a waste of money not worth 100m

The one thing we do know about Pep is that no matter how good or average a player is who comes in, Pep and his coaching team will rebuild him and make him unrecognizably better.

First he plays the player in all sorts of odd positions, that the player has never played in (like Grealish as a number 9), effectively growing players understanding of the role of others. Then he develops their technique, passing, possession, positioning and eye for the game.

Give it 6 months and we will be seeing an amazing Grealish, I offer Cancelo & Rodri as recent examples.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: KunDB on December 05, 2021, 17:44:38
The one thing we do know about Pep is that no matter how good or average a player is who comes in, Pep and his coaching team will rebuild him and make him unrecognizably better.

First he plays the player in all sorts of odd positions, that the player has never played in (like Grealish as a number 9), effectively growing players understanding of the role of others. Then he develops their technique, passing, possession, positioning and eye for the game.

Give it 6 months and we will be seeing an amazing Grealish, I offer Cancelo & Rodri as recent examples.

Exactly 💯

Stephen Paul

I didn't rate Rodri or Concelo when they arrived at City , but now they are almost irreplaceable

gavin

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on December 05, 2021, 11:00:50
Great result, onto the next one. Does Haaland suit Pep?

If Pep approves his signing then he must have faith that he can mould him but I think that Pep was really impressed when Kane played in midfield against us and he will still be number one target.

lee

I was talking to a Spurs fan today and he reckons City will be back for Kane In Jan