News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

the star is always right aint they?

Started by goat, March 13, 2016, 16:43:05

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

With new investment, Everton are eyeing a triple raid on City for Wilfried Bony (27), Jesus Navas (30) and Eliaquim Mangala (25). [Star]

i fuckin hope so

Ludo

If that's true then there really is a God.

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

lee

Quote from: goat on March 13, 2016, 16:43:05
With new investment, Everton are eyeing a triple raid on City for Wilfried Bony (27), Jesus Navas (30) and Eliaquim Mangala (25). [Star]

i fuckin hope so

triple madness...please please spend all your wonga on our shite..we'll even throw in fernando if we can have stones for nowt

goat

ive  some magic beans they   can have an all

KunDB

I very much doubt the new owner will splash out the £9m needed to capture these three gems.

alexsam

Neil Mcnab

You cant believe anything those commies write.

gavin

I reckon Jesus and Mangala will be here next season.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on March 14, 2016, 21:07:09
I reckon Jesus and Mangala will be here next season.

I'm sure they will not, not even sure Silva will be here next season. Great as Merlin is will he fit into the Pep template, I would have some questions around that.

bluebrendan

I'd rather keep Mangala than Otamendi, he's younger and can be moulded into a good defender by Pep. Otamendi is a bit of a headless chicken and at 28 I can't see him changing. Undecided about Jesus tbh, he's an ok squad player.

But £20m for Bony would be good business - no reason why their new owners shouldn't pay the sky high fees we got mugged for post-takeover.  ;)

Swiss

Quote from: bluebrendan on March 14, 2016, 22:07:37
I'd rather keep Mangala than Otamendi, he's younger and can be moulded into a good defender by Pep. Otamendi is a bit of a headless chicken and at 28 I can't see him changing. Undecided about Jesus tbh, he's an ok squad player.

I couldn't disagree more  :D
Ota does need the coaching of rashness out of him and to keep his concentration levels higher, but he is good on the ball and a good defender. He has a lot of drive which is great to see and I think he is a born winner, you can't have too many of those in your squad. Whereas Managala struggles tactically, is clumsy on/off the ball, is a Lescott passer. His best attributes imho are his pace and strength, but that only takes you so far when so many other pieces are missing.
I'd rather have kept Nastasic than had Mangala.

The best thing for our defence would be to keep one set of 4 at the club and I think that's Zab, Kompany, Ota, Kolarov.
Sell Sagna, Mangala (or loan him for a season) Demi, Clichy.
Buy 3 new hungry players and promote Denayer.

Tricky Trev

Look how far pace and strength got Micah Richards. Poor Mangala, he never had a chance to live up to his price tag, but at least he could look like he belong in the Premiership.

City's defender transfer history the last couple of year is nothing short of an embarrassment.