News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

eu, in or out

Started by goat, May 30, 2016, 12:59:08

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

Quote from: Ludo on June 03, 2016, 21:56:26
Don't know why you're so bothered to be honest. You live in Australia and your kids and grandchildren will problem always live there. My vote to stay in isn't simply for me but for my kids and grandchildren.

As for the right wing analogy it's hardly a wild stretch of the imagination given some of the rhetoric of the Brexit political broadcasts and literature.

Im bothered cos Im British/Australian, and I joined the thread cos Im very interested in the subject

and being branded a UKIP supporter (like what you did) pisses me right off

lee

fuck the left nimmers..their all nazi's globalist egotistic balaclava egg thowing jew hating wankers..bit like them rags who all dress in black and beat women and kids up at matches :)

Ludo

I'm not sure I made any reference to you or anyone else being a UKIP supporter.

lee

ludo is like rick from the young ones

nimrod

Quote from: lee on June 03, 2016, 22:25:59
ludo is like rick from the young ones

you mean wick

:D

Ludo

Oh, you guys... You're soooo funny.

Like Alan B'stard type funny.

lee

Quote from: nimrod on June 03, 2016, 22:30:02
you mean wick

:D

chill the fook out wick....if you remain you wont be getting a cup of  sugar from me to throw on your fire

lee

send me your address ludo..if you win i'll post you some lentils

Ludo

lee

thats gash mate... :D

Ludo

Fuck off, I only had a few minutes, it was the best I could come up with.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: bluebrendan on June 03, 2016, 16:57:42
As Ludo says, Switzerland and Norway, in order to trade freely with the EU without being members, have to implement a substantial chunk of the EU regulations without having much say in how those regulations are worded, unlike member states who can debate them in the EU parliament or in the Council of Europe.

Yes - this one escapes a lot of the outers. If they want to go on trading with the EU countries British companies will still have to ensure their products and services comply with EU regulations - and adapt to any future changes to those regulations while having no say in how those regulations are formed (as Brendan says). If British companies don't comply EU member states (perhaps those with completing commercial interests to those British companies) will be able to launch legal action banning the sales of those British goods and services from the whole EU.

goat

The one that makes me chuckle is the outers that think all the saved cash will be spent on hospitals,  the only part of the NHS cunty Cameron won't be able to flog off to his mates is pesty

nimrod

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on June 03, 2016, 23:32:11
Yes - this one escapes a lot of the outers. If they want to go on trading with the EU countries British companies will still have to ensure their products and services comply with EU regulations - and adapt to any future changes to those regulations while having no say in how those regulations are formed (as Brendan says). If British companies don't comply EU member states (perhaps those with completing commercial interests to those British companies) will be able to launch legal action banning the sales of those British goods and services from the whole EU.

I see this as a typical scare tactic of the inners

British manufacturing companies have been complying to standards of  export markets since the year dot. Complying to EU regs is no big deal.

Most manufacturers are well used to adapting their products to foreign markets, its no big deal to tweak a manufactured item if potential sales deem it worthwhile

Exports to and imports from Europe will still go on no matter what doom laden scenarios the inners predict

Ludo

Quote from: nimrod on June 03, 2016, 23:51:33
Exports to and imports from Europe will still go on no matter what doom laden scenarios the inners predict

Yes they will still go on but on the EUs terms not the UK's and if the EU regulations on imports change then a UK outside of the EU will have no say in how those regulations are effected.

lee

you should be ashamed of yourself ludo..selling your soul to merkel....ashamed..them lentils are still on offer btw

Ludo

But do lentils grow in the UK??

I'm not sure I'd want those European ones. ;)

lee

im of to to bed...just finished this nations saving grace by mes...

Then I woke up and I decided to recommence my diary
Then I read Paula Yates on vision cokeheads
Then I found out we were not going to Italy
Later Mam said 'Those continentals are little monkeys'
And yesterday we has liver and sausage over

And sometimes they say 'Hey Mark you're spoiling all the paintwork'
And sometimes they say 'Your thumbprints are on the paintwork'

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: nimrod on June 03, 2016, 23:51:33

Of course trade between the UK and the EU would go on. Daft to suggest otherwise. But when push comes to shove the EU will undoubtedly protect its core industries from outside competition by stringent regulation (which the UK will have no say in) and margin sapping tariffs. Why do you think so many UK companies want to stay in?

Mind you, Britain doesn't make anything any more - so the point is probably moot.