News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Seville

Started by gavin, August 16, 2023, 19:11:13

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Starting XI: Ederson, Walker (C), Akanji, Gvardiol, Ake, Rodrigo, Kovacic, Foden, Palmer, Grealish, Haaland.

Substitutes: Ortega Moreno, Carson, Dias, Phillips, Stones, Laporte, Alvarez, Gomez, Perrone, Bobb, Lewis, McAtee.

Gvardiol starts. Cole has a big chance.

gavin

Decent enough start till the drinks break. It looks stifling out there so perhaps difficult to really up the pace..

gavin

Bugger. What a header that was.

gavin

City dominant but not finding the final touches yet. Sevilla doing a lot of fouling and how they got away without a yellow card for the foul on Jack is a total mystery.

KunDB

Sevilla packing their box. On our last attack before half time Sevilla had all 11 payers in their box. We still created a chance but no one got on the end of it.

I am expecting a higher tempo and much improved creative performance second half.

Come on City.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on August 16, 2023, 20:28:16
Bugger. What a header that was.

Bugger. What a cross and header that was.

Neil Mcnab

Ray Wilkins was the crab, not sure what that makes Palmer. Poor so far, nearly all the team. Haaland duesnt need  perfect ball,y  a hit and hope may do it.

Neil Mcnab

Never doubted Palmer, superb.

gavin

And then a great little run from Palmer with a shot at the end. He's come alive all of a sudden.

gavin

A drinks break in each half and still only a total of 7 minutes injury time. I thought 3 was far too few in the first half but 4 in the second was ridiculous. And I'm judging on the old rules not even the new rules.

gavin

City scored 5 pens on the trot. Fuck me I'm shocked. Kyle's was touch and go but there was some good ones there too.

lee

4 trophies this year..fuckin mad!!

and one the rags have never won :)

reddishblue

We have now won more trophies in the last 12 weeks than the rags have won in the last 12 years.

KunDB

Quote from: lee on August 16, 2023, 23:12:01
4 trophies this year..fuckin mad!!

and one the rags have never won :)

I have heard this said more than a few times since last night, but is it wrong or right? Utd won it 1991.

Wikipedia
The 1991 European Super Cup was the 16th European Super Cup, an annual football match organised by UEFA (the Union of European Football Associations) and contested by the winners of the previous season's European Cup and Cup Winners' Cup competitions. The match was played on 19 November 1991 and featured the 1990–91 European Cup winners, Red Star Belgrade, and Manchester United, winners of the 1990–91 Cup Winners' Cup. It was meant to be played over two legs, but due to the political unrest in Yugoslavia at the time, UEFA decided that only the leg at Manchester United's home, Old Trafford, would be played.

The match kicked off at 19:15 GMT, in front of a crowd of 22,110. Red Star Belgrade were the better team in the first half, but had two attempts cleared off the line by Manchester United players, and missed the goal with their other shots. In the second half, Red Star started the stronger of the two again, but United improved, playing counter-attacking football. In the 67th minute, Brian McClair scored the only goal of the game, a close-range rebound after a shot by Neil Webb. United went close to adding a second goal, but the game finished 1–0, giving Manchester United their first and only European Super Cup title.

gavin

A crowd of 22,110 :o

Only the home leg for the rags was played. It can't possibly count then. Lee was right.