News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Everton

Started by gavin, December 27, 2023, 19:19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI: Ederson, Walker (C), Stones, Akanji, Ake, Rodrigo, Nunes, Bernardo, Foden, Grealish, Alvarez

Subs: Ortega Moreno, Phillips, Kovacic, Gomez, Gvardiol, Bobb, Susoho, Lewis, Hamilton

I was hoping to see one or two of the big three missing on the bench 😕

reddishblue

Pep said that Kev trained really hard yesterday but is a bit knackered.

Neil Mcnab

Toffees were always a bogie team, no more. 4-1 to us. Nunes needs to step up.

Hesperus

Hard to believe that goal for them. 3 total fuck ups by 3 different players led to them scoring. They've barely touched ball so far!

The preoccupation with maintaining possession is idiotic at times.

KunDB

Quote from: Hesperus on December 27, 2023, 20:45:44
Hard to believe that goal for them. 3 total fuck ups by 3 different players led to them scoring. They've barely touched ball so far!

The preoccupation with maintaining possession is idiotic at times.

Being saying all season possession is worthless if we cannot defend when the opposition attack. Our defending is comical far too often.

CP three attacks two goals, Everton one attack one goal.

Triple defending error.

gavin

Three times we lost the ball. That's not bad tactics. It is just bad play.

We should have been ahead by then too.

KunDB

Like when CP scored we are now in 100% panic mode.

Stones injury has allowed us to compose ourselves again.

Rodri needs to have a challenge for his position, January if possible, because he has become slightly complacent this season. Sad to say but true.

Hesperus

Very poor after they scored.

gavin

Its the same shite over and over. Miss our chances and concede on the first chance the opposition have.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on December 27, 2023, 21:06:25
Its the same shite over and over. Miss our chances and concede on the first chance the opposition have.

Theme of the season.

gavin

What a goal from Phil. Now we are ahead we must not give it away. Keep the ball and keep the game.

KunDB

What a goal from Bernardo. Swiftly executed.

Some message sent out to our PL rivals.

We now need to cut out the soft goals we keep conceding.

Rowley Birkin QC

And Bernardo was being fouled when he took that shot. Sublime skill. We needed that too. Thought we looked too casual and error prone with just the one goal lead.

gavin

A great win. Just what we needed. A tough place to go and we even go behind and lose an important player and still come back to win. A lovely finish from Bernard as well. Julian's penalty was a bit of a worry. But great character to come from behind and win whilst being kicked to fuck.

VAR got Stones injured.

Rowley Birkin QC

Indeed, flag should have gone straight up, and Stones never has to make that challenge.

reddishblue

Bloody hell Rowley long time no see, hope you are well.

Some current football "refereeing" decisions  totally baffle me and most of the world's populace. Besides that a well deserved win, despite being 1 down at half time we could have easily been 2 or 3 up. Second half I don't need to say anything except that Bernard's goal was sublime.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: reddishblue on December 27, 2023, 23:19:09

Not bad, thank you reddish. Very busy with work (since a successful reboot of a previously shelved career path) so I don't have as much time to hang out on football forums as I used to.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: reddishblue on December 27, 2023, 23:19:09

I did find time to go and see these lovelies when they visited Melbourne

Neil Mcnab

Foden showed his class. Pickford made some good saves, but also bad mistake. Englands not number 1. Will it not be difficult to get a bench warmer as Rodris back up? If you are a top DM you wont want to come to inevitably be a sub most of the time. Perrone is our player, a DM on loan at Las Palmas, is he just a player bought to sell on?

gavin

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on December 28, 2023, 00:31:42
I did find time to go and see these lovelies when they visited Melbourne

Very nice, but you're one short now!

England haven't had a decent keeper since Joe Hart was in his prime at City.

I think Akanji is being moulded into being the Rodri back up plan.