News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Newcastle

Started by gavin, August 21, 2022, 15:57:52

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Ederson, Walker, Stones, Ake, Cancelo, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Gundogan (C), Bernardo, Haaland, Foden

SUBS | Ortega Moreno, Dias, Phillips, Alvarez, Gomez, Mahrez, Mbete, Palmer, Lewis

A few missing already

Stephen Paul

Good starting 11

Mon Cityyyyyyy

KunDB

Interesting switch at the back, Stones for Dias.

No Grealish and Bernardo starting (even more intriguing).

C'mon City

Stephen Paul

gavin

Poor half. We've given the ball away far too much and invited pressure on ourselves. But we were close to scoring before and after their second goal. Pep needs to get them sorted at half time to improve our composure and passing. If we do start controlling the game the evidence is there that we will score the goals to win.

KunDB

They repeatedly exposed our right back, and we sat back and let it continue until they scored twice.

Dreadful defending and overwhelmed on that flank. Walker sleeping.

Need a big shake up second half and get our rhythm back.

bbk

Walker has clearly been told to move inside when City have the ball. I'm not sure it is his fault when he is still there when we lose the ball. Tactical issue, not a Walker issue. Should see a different team in the second half. I'd take Haaland off and chuck on a false 9. We miss the extra midfielder in there.

gavin

Fucking typical. Haaland hits the post and they go up the field and score again. We could have scored either side of their second. One of them days.

gavin

How is deliberately kicking someone on the knee not a red card???????????? Livid. Its a fucking disgrace.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Fuckin mad that Gav. How is kickin someone in the knee a yellow but not a red??

gavin

Newcastle's main tactic has been to boot our players as they go through on the half way line. Professional foul after professional foul. But that was astonishing that they got away with that.

gavin

Decent point for City in some ways but it'll take a long time to get over that sending off. What the fuck are they playing at??

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I really don't get it. If there was no contact it's not a foul and there's no free kick. If there was contact then its a straight red. I can't see any middle ground at all.

Fair play to Newcastle they played well, but we weren't at our best at all.

KunDB

Had chances to win all three points.

As for the non red card it was reckless, but on balance I think yellow was about right. My real problem was more yellow cards should have been handed out to Newcastle players.

Neil Mcnab

Rescued a point and some psychological plus points. A wake up call. They are off to Barcelona for a bit of sun next. Lets hope Bernardo remembers to get on the plane back, none of that "I'm just nipping to duty free."

Victoria

Hey guys! We were not at our best today for sure,. The red card was a yellow as Trppier went with side foot not studs up. Newcastle played well but we all must remember: We can't win them all; we are going to have more days like today. No complaints from me about today a draw a fair result.

Stephen Paul

Probably a good point after being 3-1down

Hesperus

Can't complain after being 3-1 down. Some awful defending though.

gavin

Kicking someone's knee to deliberately bring them down when going through is a red and always has been. Football is going down the toilet if suddenly it is only a yellow.

silvablue

Bernardo superb today, lets hope he stays.

KdB pass to Bernardo for goal was sublime.

Haaland settling in, but still has three goals for three games, he will score a bundle this season if he stays fit.

Decent start to the season for City (C'mon Utd Lol).