News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Sheff U

Started by gavin, August 27, 2023, 13:26:14

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

City XI: Ederson, Walker (C), Dias, Ake, Gvardiol, Rodrigo, Kovacic, Bernardo, Grealish, Alvarez, Haaland.

Subs: Ortega Moreno, Phillips, Doku, Gomez, Foden, Bobb, Palmer, Lewis, McAtee.

Pretty much as expected with Foden not fully fit.

Stephen Paul

Strange Foden not starting

Stephen Paul

Not a great first half

Hopefully an early goal second half to ease the stress

gavin

Foden has had some sort of issue. Missing penalties is a disgrace at this level and we do it all too often. We could have had another couple with all the pulling in the box. We should still win this comfortably.

gavin

Phil came on and was great again. We should have won that much more comfortably. Kyle will be relieved after an egregious error gifted Sheffield their goal. We need to take more of our chances. That is two one goal wins on the trot that should have been put to bed long before the end.

Stephen Paul

KunDB

Dominant performance but in amd out ia attack and defence. Early season form but first time since 2019 we won our first three games and collected 6 points from our first two away games.

Love to know why Foden did not start, strange.

jingoe

Disappointing that some clown jumped onto the pitch after the first goal. Hopefully a lengthy ban to follow

KunDB

Quote from: jingoe on August 27, 2023, 16:24:07
Disappointing that some clown jumped onto the pitch after the first goal. Hopefully a lengthy ban to follow

100% agree what an idiot.

Foden had gastroinstestonal stomach issue, per Juan in post match presser.

Vickki

We seem to be firing on half cylinders still, but it's early in the season. This game we should have won comfortable but did not. Haaland is human and he will get his MOJO back but he will need to work out how to beat the 2-3 players constantly on him.
I'll take today's win albeit we still are in warm up mode

Stephen Paul

Man City earned their 200th win in 269 Premier League games under Pep Guardiola. It is the quickest any manager has reached 200 wins in English top-flight history.

Kilkenny Blue

Watched the match in my pals house in Hale and was really nervous.  At half time I really thought it was going to be one of those days, especially after the penalty miss.  2nd half was even worse and we got the result in the end.  Surrounded by a mix of Utd and City fans and it's great to see the tables turned.  It's ironic, as a good few of the Utd fans were saying that they don't really bother going to games any more yet these same lads used to slag me off when I used to come over for a City game when we were shite!

Finally dragged myself off to bed at 6am!