News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Leipzig

Started by gavin, November 28, 2023, 18:57:03

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI: Ortega Moreno, Walker (C), Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol, Rodrigo, Lewis, Bernardo, Foden, Grealish, Haaland

Subs: Ederson, Carson, Phillips, Stones, Ake, Doku, Alvarez, Gomez, Bobb

A very strong side. Lewis continues his record of starting every Chumps League game so far.

KunDB

Very strong side. Nice to see Grealish back and lovely to see the retro kiss in honour of the holy trinity of Bell, Summerbee and Lee. My hero's.

KunDB

What a soft goal to concede. Our defence is awful this season.

gavin

Akanji had an absolute stinker there for the goal. Then Dias should have buried a header for an equaliser but heads over. Haaland then completely miscontrols when he should have been through. We need to buck up.

KunDB

We are awful I'm distribution and defence. A real shambles of a first half.

gavin

That Openda just added Dias and Gvardiol to his list of muggings for his second goal.

Then Haaland misses a sitter.

KunDB

Why do we keep flying the ball over the bar. It's not rugby.

We came out with the wrong attitude.

KunDB

4 half time sums Pep. These players need to know how awful they have been and that they won't keep their place with this lazy attitude.

We need the defence reworked for the remainder of the season and attack sharpened up.

gavin

Wow! There's a load of players there had absolute stinkers. Rodri has been incredibly bad, giving the ball away so often. Foden has been abysmal too. But really you could list just about every player. As we've already covered, the defence has been made to look amateurish for the goals.

KunDB

Chalk and cheese. A game of two halves.

Doku and Alvarez put the pace into the game.

I wish I had a tape of Pep's half time talk.

reddishblue

Told you not to fret.

gavin

Phil turned it around second half. He set up the first and scored the second. He couldn't have complained if he was the one to go off but he showed his class in the end. Alvarez and Doku made a big difference. A lovely finish from Erling. Top of the group for the seventh year on the trot. Nice.