News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Transfer deadline day

Started by Hesperus, September 01, 2023, 11:39:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

Confirmed:

Palmer to Chelsea- 40 mil
Nunes to us - 55 mil
Doyle to wolves - loan
Harwood-Bellis to Southampton- loan

Expected:

Cancelo expected to go on loan to Barca.
McAtee expected to go on loan to Sheffield Utd.

Hesperus

I'm not overly impressed with our midfield buys this window given the loss of Gundogan and KDB being out for a while, but let's see.

KunDB

Well I'm happy enough with the purchases this summer window. We need good depth of players, experienced players, to get us through what will be a very busy season. Now we can spread the load better which is key to success.

Kovacic is a class player who has slotted in right away in the main.

Nunes is a forward passing/dribbling progressive player who has great ball retention skills and will fit in great. Probably not as deep as many think but more forward maybe as an attacking midfielder.

Doku will give us extreme pace and dribbling power on the right wing or maybe at times the left wing.

Gvardiol has slotted in lovely in defence and will only improve as time goes on. We are rock solid at the back now.

A really good transfer window to compensate for the losses we could not avoid, particularly Gundogan loss. As for KdB there is no like for like replacement, just clever adjustment and Phil Foden.

gavin

Pep is the best judge of midfielders. It is a shame about Cole leaving but it was inevitable when he started insisting that he wanted to leave if he wasn't starting. When you say that to Pep, you leave. Who would say that he is definitely good enough to start regularly for City? Is he better than Doku? Time will tell but we have no reason to doubt the judgement of those in charge at City.

KunDB

Spot on Gavin and I think  big refresh of the squad/team is what is required when you have won the Treble & PL treble. It helps keep up team desire and motivation which otherwise might be lost slightly.

Hesperus

I think we missed out on our targets  in Bellingham and then Rice. Which when you're champions of Europe and England was a bit disappointing but it happens.

Kova will not replace Gundogans goals which is a concern for me but I do like what I've seen so far from him.

Nunes I don't get tbh, seems like a bit of a panic buy but hope I'm proven wrong.

Doku an unknown but looking forward to having his pace in the team.

Could be a whole new style of football this season and like KunDB says a big squad refresh with all the outgoings too.

Will be interesting to see how we get on.

Stephen Paul

Jonny Evans to the rags

The ambition is mind-blowing