News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

city badge

Started by lee, October 16, 2015, 09:37:06

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on October 18, 2015, 14:38:47
You mean, Lazar Blue!!!

yeah, or it could be Laser blue   ;D

zacc

Quote from: Swiss on October 17, 2015, 07:44:06
Would they go for the St Marks cross's?

Just noticed on new Yorks badge it's got a pentagon probably to symbolise the 5 corners and Melbourne's got a heart! Clever.

Aside from the cross, what else could we have... The Roses?

worker bee represents industrial North  ?

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Some nice designs on the consultation forum.

City63

I take it the red rose represented Lancashire & Manchester is not now in it.

Lekos

The ones with the Eagle and three stars and the last one are awful.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: City63 on October 21, 2015, 23:19:04
I take it the red rose represented Lancashire & Manchester is not now in it.

Which is why personally I've always preferred the "Three River" stripes on the shield - which we had for a brief period (a season or two) before the red rose appeared on the shield around 1971.

City63

The motto is pointless too

City63

Quote from: lee on October 17, 2015, 01:10:13

Are there some words  between the waves& the 3stripes?

City63

Swiss

Quote from: City63 on October 21, 2015, 23:40:27
Are there some words  between the waves& the 3stripes?

yer, you can see it better in one of the pics above, it's players names.

City63

Quote from: Swiss on October 22, 2015, 00:08:00
yer, you can see it better in one of the pics above, it's players names.
Ah right,ta.

nimrod

Quote from: City63 on October 21, 2015, 23:45:36
Not just as dark..

thats it the Everton/City shirt

fucking horrible

Lekos

Best shirt that, you old grumpy git.

Lekos

Though this one isn't far behind (you grumpy old sod)

guidebridgeblue

We should never have got rid of the last one. (Heard it was a copyright reason we stopped using it?) the current one is hideous.

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on October 22, 2015, 10:14:30
Best shirt that, you old grumpy git.

best City shirt (and badge).... imo of course  ;)

Rowley Birkin QC

I've been wading through the comments regarding the badge on the club's City Voice forum. Even though, as an old traditionalist, I'd love to see a version of the round badge reinstated, I have to acknowledge that a significant number of fans would seem to be quite happy if the current badge is retained.

Thinking about it I suppose it's hardly surprising, as a whole generation of City fans have grown up with it and are now invested in it.

So perhaps we could combine the two? I know compromise solutions often don't sit easily with everyone, but I'm now speculating as to whether or not some way should be found of combining elements of a revised old style round badge with elements of the current one?

The stars should certainly go (I think most people hate them), but I don't mind the eagle - so perhaps something along the lines of this design posted on City Voice by CityBlUe75 -

There's some details of this design that I don't like - but in terms of the overall look, I think this is interesting

gavin

Rowley Birkin QC

Well, that's a "No" vote from Gavin  ;D

If you are a City fan in your teens or your early / mid 20's our current badge is pretty much all you've known. So in a rush back to tradition are we rejected what they might want out of hand? I'd like to go back to the purely round badge as much as you guys - but is that fair?

I'm not advocating the above design (I don't like the stripes behind the shield, the colour scheme is off, and getting rid of the motto scroll would clean things up), but I'm not sure we can just expunge the current badge from our history like it never happened. Like I said, I was surprised how many contributors on the City Voice badge discussion forum wanted to keep the current badge or change very little.

Swiss

If we were called the eagles then i could understand... Having said that I don't mind it.