News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Predictions and match build up for Chelsea away. Thursday 8pm PL

Started by Stephen Paul, January 01, 2023, 04:14:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

A huge game coming up away to Chelsea this week with 3 points required to stay in touch with the gooners

93:2012

2  1 City

This is unlikely to be a high scoring game, with Pep making certain we control transitions.

So it will be a slow unpicking (creating space opportunities) of Chelsea's defence, as we move the ball back and forward and slow the attack until all players are in position. Not a criticism it has been immensely successful over the years. Hopefully, we will see a winger shake up, getting the wingers to attack the goal line wide occasionally and dribble at the defenders, to complement the current concentration on wingers inverting in attack and slowing down attack every-time. Taking the predictability out of our attackes.

KunDB

I am expecting a bit of a reaction from city so i will go 3  1 win and a more positive display.

bbk

2-0 City

I'd drop Haaland and go back to the midfield swarm of the previous seasons.

Stephen Paul

Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Neil Davies.
Fourth official: Robert Jones.
VAR: Michael Salisbury.
Assistant VAR: Adam Nunn.

KunDB

Quote from: bbk on January 05, 2023, 08:18:00
2-0 City

I'd drop Haaland and go back to the midfield swarm of the previous seasons.

Defeatist lol

bbk

As pretty as it is, I don't want our only trophy to be the golden boot.

gavin

KunDB

Big night coming up, i wonder will Julian start perhaps as a winger in place of jack (speculative but not impossible).

KunDB

silvablue

Quote from: Stephen Paul on January 06, 2023, 05:27:35
Good shout blue

Thought Chelsea would be up for this game. Delighted to get the three points as 1 0 wins count the same as bigger wins in terms of points.

Stephen Paul

was glad to see Sterling go of as he was a cert to score for them