News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

V scousers

Started by gavin, November 25, 2023, 11:31:33

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI: Ederson, Walker (C), Akanji, Dias, Ake, Rodrigo, Bernardo, Foden, Doku, Alvarez, Haaland

Subs: Ortega Moreno, Carson, Phillips, Stones, Gomez, Gvardiol, Bobb, Lewis

Come on City

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

Glad to see big Stones on the bench

Stephen Paul

jamie Carragher is a complete wank

Stephen Paul

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Stephen Paul

That Rodri reads the game so well

gavin

Phil needs to be be more positive.  He's going back far too much. Doku not as effective a usual either

Stephen Paul

If we can keep Saleh quiet

Ake playing well against him

KunDB

8 minutes extra time ludicrous. Annette did the ref get that from. Make up a number and likely change a games result.

KunDB

Why on Earth did we switch off for their goal.

Out defence needs to stop making mistakes and letting in stupid goals.

As for the second disallowed goal of ours, fine Akanji touched the goalkeeper barely and lightly. So I hope every game that is now given as a foul (spoiler alert - it won't be).

gavin

We had the chances and didn't take them. The disallowed goal was a joke. The keeper was barely touched. The ref favoured them throughout. I knew he would wait until the Liverpool attack finished and City had the ball to blow the final whistle. Touch a scouser and its a foul but it has to be blatant for City to get one.

The scousers time-wasting at the end shows how desperate they are.

Kilkenny Blue

Why was our goal disallowed?

Kilkenny Blue

Alison the greatest keeper in the world according the scum  :D :D :D

Stephen Paul

We should never have let that lead slip in such a sloppy way against a very average Liverpool team

We move on

Kilkenny Blue

Trent MOM FFS!  Watching the pundits and all about Liverpool, not a single mention of Doku!  Biased pricks

Hesperus

Fine margins. Haarland puts that sitter away it's 2 nil game over. He misses, they run up the other end and equalise.

Didn't think we played well today but still better than them. Liverpool will be very happy with a point.

Foden and Alvarez need to get their form back. Thought they were mostly anonymous today. Zero threat down our right. All our attacking came down left via Doku who got through a lot of work but end product not quite there today.

Disappointed with no subs too. Thought Lewis could have livened us up a bit.

It's a hard run of games but 4 points dropped out of 6.  Need to get back to winning.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Kilkenny Blue on November 25, 2023, 15:29:05
Trent MOM FFS!  Watching the pundits and all about Liverpool, not a single mention of Doku!  Biased pricks
Yep

reddishblue

We were the better team and should have won, but hey ho. Players were jaded because of the 3rd international break this season, Alvarez for instance played for Argentina in the early hours of Wednesday morning. On top of that other players were not available such as Kovacic, Nunes etc, I am therefore not particularly concerned. In the last few seasons after these shite international breaks are over, City consolidate and go on an unbeaten run, I expect the same this season. We lose more players than most, roll on AFCON haha.

Don't forget about our new signing coming soon, Kev something or other, don't fret boys and girls.

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: reddishblue on November 25, 2023, 23:20:57
We were the better team and should have won, but hey ho. Players were jaded because of the 3rd international break this season, Alvarez for instance played for Argentina in the early hours of Wednesday morning. On top of that other players were not available such as Kovacic, Nunes etc, I am therefore not particularly concerned. In the last few seasons after these shite international breaks are over, City consolidate and go on an unbeaten run, I expect the same this season. We lose more players than most, roll on AFCON haha.

Don't forget about our new signing coming soon, Kev something or other, don't fret boys and girls.

You mean Kev the flop from Chelsea?  Nahh, according to Merson he's useless