News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

V Spuds

Started by gavin, December 03, 2023, 15:32:25

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI: Ederson, Walker (C), Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol, Rodrigo, Bernardo, Foden, Doku, Alvarez, Haaland

Subs: Ortega Moreno, Phillips, Stones, Ake, Kovacic, Grealish, Gomez, Bobb, Lewis

Come on City

Stephen Paul

Good team
C/Mon Cityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Stephen Paul

bloody blood pressure on the rise after 11 minutes ffs

Stephen Paul

spurs kit man's had a mare. wash the kit with a red sock in the  machine

gavin

We should be home and hosed now. Only the finishing touches are missing.

KunDB

Our defence is a bit if a shambles this season. Why Dias allowed LoCelso the freedom of the Eitihad to shoot is beyond me.

We have a long way to go to be a title winning team this season whatever the outcome of this game.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

City were crap.
Spuds were crap.
Ref was crap.

Stephen Paul

we didnt desrve to win but the ref initially waved play on and then blew the whistle
What a fuck up

KunDB

That was an appalling decision by Simon Hooper.

The draw was totally on City for blame.

IMO the PL title this season is looking like a massive ask for us.

Stephen Paul

so many ref fuck ups in the PL . The game is on its knees

gavin

I'm not going to comment on the ref. The match shouldn't even have been close. It should have been over at half time. Haaland let us down with his finishing and with his efforts for one of the Spurs goals. He did create a goal and what should have been another good chance at the end but still he cost us the game. Walker needs to look at himself getting beat so easy for the third. Our defending has been dreadful for weeks now.

Only three points off the top but we need to sort ourselves out defensively and finishing our chances.

Neil Mcnab

Luck was not with us today. On another day those almosts go in. League winners have better defending than we have at the moment.

Hesperus

Very disappointing. Bad misses by Haarland would have ended the game if converted.

More worrying is the defence. Last 4 games and 10 goals conceded!

6 points dropped out of 9. Bit of a bad run this.

reddishblue

Allegedly Haaland told the ref to fuck off and maybe charged according to some in our most academic media.

gavin

I can't say I'd blame him. He did reply 'wtf' to a video of the incident. It is a very difficult one to come up with an explanation for. Only the ref knows why he suddenly decided to blow up with City through on goal. I doubt very much that we will get a reasonable rationale. It'll be swept under the carpet and the ref will be given another big game as a reward

chocovla

Quote from: reddishblue on December 03, 2023, 23:10:59
Allegedly Haaland told the ref to fuck off and maybe charged according to some in our most academic media.

Thought it wasn't directly aimed at the ref. You could see him mouthing fuck off, but more a shout of general exasperation rather than telling Mason to do one. But that could be the camera angle.

Stephen Paul

Haaland should have floored him and done us all a favour

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Agree with how shit city were but....

For the spuds third, that's a foul on Aki anywhere else on the pitch.

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on December 04, 2023, 12:02:47
Agree with how shit city were but....

For the spuds third, that's a foul on Aki anywhere else on the pitch.

I'm glad someone else thinks that!  I said it to my Mrs (soon to be ex) after the game when they were showing the highlights.  Her being a Spuds fan just ignored it and and laughed.

reddishblue