News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City are back!

Started by gavin, January 15, 2017, 21:11:36

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Typical City that is. Win 5-0 one week, lose 4-0 the next. That last goal today was classic City. Even though I was immensely pissed off I had to laugh.

KunDB

You know for all the money spent I think our current defence is barely better than some of the worse from our past. Today was just embarrassing and humiliating watching guys on 100/220k a week crumbling to kids.

KunDB

I say the team needs aright old sort out.

Get rid of CB and Caballero

Keep Stones, he will come good in time and clear out the rest of our defence.

Midfield keep KDB, LS, IG, Fernandinho and Silva (Maybe as he is no goal scorer and team is full of those firing blanks) bring in an enforcer. Get shot of Yaya (love him but to old and too slow now), Navas, Delph, Fernando, Sterling (He cannot score in to an open net and needs 3 touches before shooting).

Up front keep Aguero, Iheanacho and Jesusbut definitely get shot of Nolito.

Big clear out needed urgently, as this squad are nowhere near good enough.

There should be no question of Pep going and that should be made abundantly clear.

Ludo

Did we ever really effectively replace De Jong?

Lekos

Ludo

I was just thinking earlier that Mancini was able to win the league with a defence including Kolarov, Richards and Lescott but they had de Jong in front of them.

That's what we're missing.

Victoria

I agree: Mancini is missing.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Ludo on January 15, 2017, 22:55:05
Did we ever really effectively replace De Jong?
I'd say it's Barry we haven't replaced from the Mancini era, NDJ only featured in just over half the league games in the 11/12 title season. Barry was an understated type of player who made the midfield tick over smoothly and allowed the flair players to flourish.

Lekos

Even taking into account our defence is shit and midfield protection isn't really there, Bravo's stats are bloody awful.

in four of City's last seven Premier League games, Bravo has conceded from the opposition's first effort on target.

How has he done over the season so far?

Bravo has saved 57.41% of shots on target in the Premier League (18 of 31)

That puts him 14th overall in save percentage, among keepers to have played 15 games or more

Burnley's Tom Heaton has the highest save percentage with 76.32% (87 of 114)

Bravo has conceded 14 goals from the last 22 shots on target faced.

(From bbc)

KunDB

Quote from: Lekos on January 16, 2017, 08:32:14
Even taking into account our defence is shit and midfield protection isn't really there, Bravo's stats are bloody awful.

in four of City's last seven Premier League games, Bravo has conceded from the opposition's first effort on target.

How has he done over the season so far?

Bravo has saved 57.41% of shots on target in the Premier League (18 of 31)

That puts him 14th overall in save percentage, among keepers to have played 15 games or more

Burnley's Tom Heaton has the highest save percentage with 76.32% (87 of 114)

Bravo has conceded 14 goals from the last 22 shots on target faced.

(From bbc)

I never bought into the we must keep Joe Hart campaign, but I have to say Claudio has done himself no favours at all and is a fraction of the goalkeeper Joe was.

Pep wants a goalkeeper who can play out with his feet, I buy into that. But first and foremeost he must be a goalkeeper and Bravo simply is not. When he needs to be big and imposing he is in the foetal position trying to save, small and insignificant. When he needs to charge out menacingly at rushing attckers he is stuck like a frightened rabbit on his goal line flapping around.

I imagine that he brings no confidence and self belief to defence and in all likelihood our defenders are terrified at the prospect of attackers getting near him making them a nervous bunch of wrecks and mistake prone. 

He is not a goalkeeper, so if it's ability with passing the ball out to start attacks and maintain possession that matters we might as well play Yaya in nets as he will definitely do a better job with his feet and would be a lot more menacing to attackers.

goat

stats i put up somewhere had bravo with a better save percentage than hart

hart is shite

bring back dibble

Ludo

Hart is shite with his feet but a decent shot stopper.

Bravo is shite.

Just use Willy.

goat

shite with crosses and his decision  making coming out is dodgy as fuck an all. how often did he charge out and miss the ball? he killed nastastic as a city player

Ludo

No argument there, but Bravo's all over the shop.

Caballero's not brilliant either but it might be an easier task to teach him how to pass a ball than to teach Bravo how to catch one.

goat

this back four will kill any keeper

they could make buffon and  neuer look like margetson

zacc

wonder if we could clone a Hart/Bravo combo? :D

Stephen Paul

We are woeful at corners. Might as well not bother

Gareth

Quote from: zacc on January 16, 2017, 15:21:13
wonder if we could clone a Hart/Bravo combo? :D

It's City - we'd get the worst of both...

Neil Mcnab

We do need a clearout, that will come in the summer. But in the meantime, if we dont want to revert to typical typical city, we need at least one defender and a midfielder, this window. Pep needs to step up as well and improve what he has now.