News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City are back!

Started by gavin, January 15, 2017, 21:11:36

Previous topic - Next topic

zacc

Quote from: Gareth on January 16, 2017, 18:23:28
It's City - we'd get the worst of both...

:D shoulda thought of that

Lekos

Quote from: goat on January 16, 2017, 11:18:24
stats i put up somewhere had bravo with a better save percentage than hart

hart is shite

bring back dibble

Rubbish.

I've seen stats that show the opposite (yesterday at some point).  If I find them I'll post them.  Not having that anyway.  Hart had his faults, flapping at crosses, kicking the ball straight out of play from goal kicks, etc, but shot stopping was not one of them.  I think Hart would have saved all of the Everton goals.  The ball just passes Bravo like he's not even there. 

By no means saying Hart is the best and we should have kept him, etc, etc, but the reality is we have not replaced him with a good enough keeper.

Lekos

goat

Quote from: Lekos on January 17, 2017, 07:54:19
Rubbish.

I've seen stats that show the opposite (yesterday at some point).  If I find them I'll post them.  Not having that anyway.  Hart had his faults, flapping at crosses, kicking the ball straight out of play from goal kicks, etc, but shot stopping was not one of them.  I think Hart would have saved all of the Everton goals.  The ball just passes Bravo like he's not even there. 

By no means saying Hart is the best and we should have kept him, etc, etc, but the reality is we have not replaced him with a good enough keeper.

not at all rubbish  my arse loving pal, i compared him to neuer, hart, lloris and  might have been someone else an all

was before he signed for city

wouldnt mind so much if bravo was in his 20s and willing to be coached unlike hart. but hes not, hes in his fucking 30s

nice to see 3 ex city and a few made up blokes in your list

goat

couldnt find the tweets so ill do it again

saves per goal

bravo 3.40
neuer 2.73
hart 1.91
lloris  2.13

so there we have it, more saves per goal last season

this season
hart 1.96
bravo

and who the fuck is geronimo rulli?

KunDB

There is a team, tactics and player skills failure, not just a goalkeeper failure. That said, Bravo has shown next to nought to convince he is competent in the basics of goalkeeping.

Neil Mcnab

Er, Given has played about two games in the last 5 years and wasnt David Marshall a central defender at Oldham. You can make stats to make most players superb or shit, depending what stats you drag up. Bravo had been turd, but he wasnt stinking like shit at Barca was he. The whole defence will have zero confidence and will have stats to confirm. Go on a winning run and the stats will prove Otamendi is better than Baresi and Bravo is the same as Yashin.

Lekos

You also need to compare like with like.  Comparing Bravo's stats at Barca are irrelevant - teams just sat back against them.  He wasn't even their #1. 

With more or less the same squad at this point last season Hart's shots on target to saves ratio was 9% better than Bravo's are now.  You won't get a more direct comparison.  It's on the BBC somewhere, can't be arsed to find it.   

They're both shit for different reasons.

goat

lovely stuff

anyway, rulli, apparently a goalkeeper and alive. already sounds better than hart and bravo

Leewonpen

Quote from: Ludo on January 16, 2017, 12:47:14
Hart is shite with his feet but a decent shot stopper...

Watched a bit of Torino-Milan last night. Hart had no problem receiving the ball and playing out from the back that I could see.
I have always been of the belief that there was some sort of personality clash between JH & Pep. Maybe Pep thought he was too big a character in the dressing room......?
Maybe the "not able to play the Pep way" was a convenient excuse.

KunDB

Age profile sums it all up:

Bravo 33
Sagna 33
Stones 22
Otamendi 28
Clichy 31
Zabaleta 32
Toure 33
Silva 31
Aguero 28
Sterling 22
De Bruyne 25

Average age: 29

Ludo

Quote from: Leewonpen on January 17, 2017, 23:29:37
Watched a bit of Torino-Milan last night. Hart had no problem receiving the ball and playing out from the back that I could see.
I have always been of the belief that there was some sort of personality clash between JH & Pep. Maybe Pep thought he was too big a character in the dressing room......?
Maybe the "not able to play the Pep way" was a convenient excuse.

Yes, weren't there rumours that Hart was instrumental in the unrest that led to Mancini being replaced.

goat

so he is shit and a cnut, great

wasnt fussed on mancini either tho

Gareth

The Guardian helpfully points out that in the Premier League since the 2009-10 season, Bravo is only the 4th worst keeper, measured by goals conceded as a percent of shots on target faced.
So there you go, he's not even in the top 3.
And great with his feet, an' all.

Ludo

Top 3

Stevie Wonder
Helen Keller
A Hedgehog

nimrod

Quote from: Gareth on January 18, 2017, 18:18:24
The Guardian helpfully points out that in the Premier League since the 2009-10 season, Bravo is only the 4th worst keeper, measured by goals conceded as a percent of shots on target faced.
So there you go, he's not even in the top 3.
And great with his feet, an' all.
may as well have a cardboard cutout,  in fact it might be better