News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Barca V Us free on BT sport

Started by Neil Mcnab, October 19, 2016, 18:19:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludo

Can't blame Stones tonight, apart maybe for the missed chance in the first half, it's the numpties in front of him that cost us.

Hesperus

Embarrassing score line.

Gutted. What a shit day I've had.

lee

welcome to city pep

only us could fook that up in style

zacc

Apparently Pep is going to learn about his team from this game.
Wonder if he'll be able to explain his purchase of Bravo I've no comprehension what  he's about,it's not goal keeping that's for sure.
Same ol' same 'ol onwards and upwards!
;)

KunDB

Quote from: Ludo on October 19, 2016, 21:38:39
Can't blame Stones tonight, apart maybe for the missed chance in the first half, it's the numpties in front of him that cost us.

Not blame, ability is the issue. He is good but is he going to be good enough to be top class? IMO Not a great performance by him tonight.

Neil Mcnab

Have to agree with Hesperus in this game, I thought Silva should have gone instead of Nolito. Silva has looked excellent in some games this season though, he has not been comsistently poor..
It was sloppy defending and simple mistakes that cost us. The luck is not with us at the moment. Barca were there for the taking tonight and if we can learn and improve, the return match could see our chumps campaign taking off. Here is hoping anyway.

Rowley Birkin QC

What a frustrating game! I don't agree that we are way behind Barca. When we decided to move the ball quickly we looked as good as they were (at least in the first half) but at times we were just a little too hesitant, hung on to the ball a fraction too long, the odd misdirected pass - and then individual skill errors at critical moments absolutely buried us. As Gavin said, there wasn't a lot wrong with our general play but individual mistakes really cost us, and then we didn't make the most of our chances (which we had!) whereas Barca were almost clinical with their's. Overall I actually think the score line flattered them - such was our generosity around our box. And the first goal was just bad luck!

With just a bit more self confidence and a touch more finesse from City and that would have been much closer, but that's not how the media will write it up of course. The Messi hat-trick means it's world wide news and according to Australian TV this morning City were "whipped".  >:(

Paul lakes knee

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on October 20, 2016, 00:03:05
What a frustrating game! I don't agree that we are way behind Barca. When we decided to move the ball quickly we looked as good as they were (at least in the first half) but at times we were just a little too hesitant, hung on to the ball a fraction too long, the odd misdirected pass - and then individual skill errors at critical moments absolutely buried us. As Gavin said, there wasn't a lot wrong with our general play but individual mistakes really cost us, and then we didn't make the most of our chances (which we had!) whereas Barca were almost clinical with their's. Overall I actually think the score line flattered them - such was our generosity around our box. And the first goal was just bad luck!

With just a bit more self confidence and a touch more finesse from City and that would have been much closer, but that's not how the media will write it up of course. The Messi hat-trick means it's world wide news and according to Australian TV this morning City were "whipped".  >:(

Excellent post

gavin

The question is can these players cut out the errors? It's no good being good enough to play Barca at their own game for 50 minutes if you're then likely to gift them a few goals. The errors have to be stamped out or we can't afford to play like this.

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes - accumulatively there were too many errors. Too many to expect to win a game.

And with regard to solving them? Well to my eyes a lot of the errors came about because we were a little too sluggish making decisions and so put ourselves under unnecessary pressure. A bit too much telegraphing to Barca about where we intended to go with the ball or that extra second or two that allowed Barca players to react and close us down. As I said above, when we moved the ball quickly our players kept finding space - we kept possession and we looked good for most of the first half. But Barca's first goal seemed to rattle us a bit and after that too many of our players looked too scared of making a mistake (and as a result - started making them!) - and our tempo and self confidence seemed to drift. (Their pace on the break unsettled us as well)

I suspect Pep will spend the rest of this week giving them a rev-up and reminding them of what they can do (and have done earlier this season) when they stick to the game plan, keep moving for each other, and execute the pass quicker.

jingoe

Re: v Spuds

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 21:56:53 »

I know that he saved a penalty but I would be far more relaxed to see Joe Hart in goal than Bravo. This buggering about in the 6 yard box is going to end in tears. I wouldn't say his distribution is anything to write home about which is supposedly why we bought him

That's what I wrote a couple of weeks ago. IMO Bravo cost us the game last night. Why on earth he didn't just welly it down the park heaven alone knows. I'm with Zacc- he does not instil confidence. Bring back Joe Hart. he must have been sitting in his Italian villa laughing his cock off last night.

zacc

Quote from: jingoe on October 20, 2016, 12:41:48

Re: v Spuds

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 21:56:53 »

I know that he saved a penalty but I would be far more relaxed to see Joe Hart in goal than Bravo. This buggering about in the 6 yard box is going to end in tears. I wouldn't say his distribution is anything to write home about which is supposedly why we bought him

That's what I wrote a couple of weeks ago. IMO Bravo cost us the game last night. Why on earth he didn't just welly it down the park heaven alone knows. I'm with Zacc- he does not instil confidence. Bring back Joe Hart. he must have been sitting in his Italian villa laughing his cock off last night.

and worse still there's talk about Hart going to another EPL team like Everton!!!
source
http://www.italianfootballdaily.com/everton-chelsea-interested-torinos-joe-hart/?

goat

lee

Quote from: Zabba on October 19, 2016, 22:06:17
Not blame, ability is the issue. He is good but is he going to be good enough to be top class? IMO Not a great performance by him tonight.

give the kid a break ffs

Swiss

Quote from: Ludo on October 19, 2016, 21:38:39

Can blame him for one of the goals where he left the ball for Willy because he wasn't aware that Suarez was to close behind him. He did give the ball away too often last night too, but then others did that and it would be unfair to single him out.

At 0-0 I thought it was an evenly matched game.
Dinho slip gave Barce that little bit of encouragement and meant we had to chase the game.

Bravo's wtf moment killed off the game.

Stone's dummy... was embarrassing.

Neymar's goal made him look good.

I thought Otamendi & Sterling had decent games

Neil Mcnab

I thought Sterling got in the game and was good. His pace unsettled them. Unfortunately the quality of the final ball was often lacking.

KunDB

Quote from: lee on October 20, 2016, 14:32:49
give the kid a break ffs

I'm not picking on him, just my expectations of him are very high and last night I think he did not have his best game. Not on his own mind, but some of the others well we already know their weaknesses.

On Sterling, fantastic potential but as Neil McNab has pointed out the end product is so often shit.

We are deluding ourselves to think we were on a power with Barca last night, We weren't.

zacc

Quote from: goat on October 20, 2016, 13:33:09
everton eh, he must be good

and Chelski muted too. Toffees managed a draw v City so guess means City even more crap than them? ;)

lee

Quote from: Zabba on October 20, 2016, 20:37:13
I'm not picking on him, just my expectations of him are very high and last night I think he did not have his best game. Not on his own mind, but some of the others well we already know their weaknesses.

On Sterling, fantastic potential but as Neil McNab has pointed out the end product is so often shit.

We are deluding ourselves to think we were on a power with Barca last night, We weren't.

i didnt see city get outplayed or outclassed..we'll beat them at our place

Rowley Birkin QC

No way were we outclassed. Scoreline flattered them - as I said before - but the media will only look at the score and the Messi hat trick.