News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Barca V Us free on BT sport

Started by Neil Mcnab, October 19, 2016, 18:19:44

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

We were not outclassed, that is too strong, but we are not as good as them presently. Mainly as we do not yet have the confidence they do and we make too many errors at crucial times or when pressed by the opposition; but that is all down to self belief and confidence. We need more time under Pep to improve and to build understanding as a team, hardly unexpected.

Rowley Birkin QC

I understand and respect why people think Joe Hart has got a raw deal. As a shot stopper he's saved our bacon countless times and yes he's "one of ours". I'm a bit sentimental about him as well - but the fact remains his distribution is terrible!

Season after season has gone by and Joe still can't kick accurately, and he frequently doesn't release the ball quickly enough to get our breaks going. If I'm honest it has driven me mad for years, and he's shown little sign of improving or indeed wanting to improve. I'd go so far as to suggest Joe has been a bit too 'comfortable' under our last couple of managers. As it stands he's quite unsuited to the style of play Pep wants.

Sure Claudio Bravo is having a few problems at the moment - but give the bloke a chance.

Swiss

Bravo is surely only ever going to be a short term option given he turns 34 in April?

OK keepers do play on long into their late 30's & some 40's... but given that Willy will surely be off next year, we're likely to bring in someone more long term and likely to push Bravo aside!?

I don't think Ter Stegen is the answer, his distribution seemed worse than Harts.

Neuer will probs never leave Bayern

Courtois??? Swap for Hart???

Who the bloody hell knows

Gareth

I guess I'm the only one who thought that Barca actually looked a bit off the pace (for them), then. I wouldn't've minded so much if they'd been at their best and we'd taken a beating, but they weren't and towards the end they looked like scoring every time they came forward. Ok, individual mistakes contributed, but I can't kid myself. We were well beaten.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on October 21, 2016, 12:38:40
No way were we outclassed. Scoreline flattered them - as I said before - but the media will only look at the score and the Messi hat trick.
While it was 11 v 11 I thought we comfortably matched them, we just dug our own grave with sloppy individual errors, nothing new in that unfortunately.

zacc

Quote from: Gareth on October 21, 2016, 18:16:02
I guess I'm the only one who thought that Barca actually looked a bit off the pace (for them), then. I wouldn't've minded so much if they'd been at their best and we'd taken a beating, but they weren't and towards the end they looked like scoring every time they came forward. Ok, individual mistakes contributed, but I can't kid myself. We were well beaten.

no the commentators even said City played well and Barca looked lack lustre, all the more frustrating City gifted 4 goals.
Funny ol' game football.

Swiss

Def gifted 3. But neymars was a nice jinking run and if kinky had done it, we'd have been showing that for the next 20 years...