News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

eu, in or out

Started by goat, May 30, 2016, 12:59:08

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

thats him, had a thing for nazi cats

lee

funny bloke..shame he disappeared..he was totally acid

Rowley Birkin QC

He took "Liquid Len" from an old early Genesis lyric, and if I remember correctly he disappeared after his two best mates (goat and Nimrod) had a massive lovers' tiff on the forum about something.

goat

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on June 04, 2016, 23:53:51
He took "Liquid Len" from an old early Genesis lyric, and if I remember correctly he disappeared after his two best mates (goat and Nimrod) had a massive lovers' tiff on the forum about something.

i think he was upset when someone was on about an abortion in a carrier bag an all

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: reddishblue on June 04, 2016, 19:04:55
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/campaign-highlights-kinnocks-10m-eu-2100178

Over 15 years that's a lot less than most big company CEOs would earn - and this bloke was helping to run Europe.

(And those earnings figures are combined for both him and his wife - separate jobs)

nimrod

Quote from: goat on June 04, 2016, 01:05:41
Wasn't Len from torino?

Ask him next time you go to your basement

I think Len just roams around Italy

goat

not sure, from my little chats with him he seemed scared of the place. only went to his mams for  sunday dinner

nimrod

Bluemoon have their own vote, at the moment its 57.5% out  42.5% In

quite surprising being as they're predominantly a bunch of loony lefty commies who'd love to see Cameron and his mates dry bum fucked by the biggest guys in San Quentin

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/eu-referendum.319847/

lee

Quote from: goat on June 05, 2016, 01:18:19
not sure, from my little chats with him he seemed scared of the place. only went to his mams for  sunday dinner

ill ask him when i unleash him later in full gimp suit

lee

Quote from: nimrod on June 05, 2016, 02:16:15
Bluemoon have their own vote, at the moment its 57.5% out  42.5% In

quite surprising being as they're predominantly a bunch of loony lefty commies who'd love to see Cameron and his mates dry bum fucked by the biggest guys in San Quentin

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/eu-referendum.319847/

i think theres gonna be a massive swing to leave  nimmers just before the 23rd...everyone has forgot barry came from the usa and got his pennys worth in and merkel has stuck her ugly nose in the past few days

interesting how trump has announced he's coming to the uk just before we vote

bluebrendan

Quote from: lee on June 05, 2016, 12:08:24

interesting how trump has announced he's coming to the uk just before we vote
The Remain camp must have paid his air fare, the guy is a complete nutter.

reddishblue

If Len comes back I'll vote in.

Ludo

It's strange that Trump backs a Brexit considering the US is epitome of a federal government that the Brexit group are scaremongering about.

Rowley Birkin QC

Bye the way - if the UK leaves, presumably the British tax payer will be picking up the full tab to cover the lost £5.5billion in EU subsidies?

First people banging on the door of Number 10 wanting to know what the fuck is going on will be UK farmers.

nimrod

Speaking of immigration.
I read an article in one of the broadsheets that should the UK stay in Europe the country could well be faced with around 4 million immigrants in the next few years, whilst it can be said that immigrants are good, mass immigration can create problems, if many of these are unskilled then there will be a lot fewer job vacancies which in turn leads to wage reductions for  mostly unskilled occupations, I dont know how buoyant the UK job market is but if 50 people apply for a part time position at Spud u Like all the power surely goes into the hands of the employer

reddishblue

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on June 07, 2016, 00:03:39
Bye the way - if the UK leaves, presumably the British tax payer will be picking up the full tab to cover the lost £5.5billion in EU subsidies?

First people banging on the door of Number 10 wanting to know what the fuck is going on will be UK farmers.

As will the fishing industry if we stay in. The price of fish nowadays...

Rowley Birkin QC

I agree the fishing industry is problematic in the EU and they have got many things wrong over the years (some of these problems have been slowly put right, but there's still work to be done).

However, my original question remains unanswered. If the UK leaves, it will be interesting to see what happens to food prices down your local Tescos. Lamb and milk will be the prime indicators I suspect.

Lekos

The Institute for Fiscal studies (the same body that Gove quotes from before brexiters start getting their knickers in a twist) have confirmed we give approximately 8bn quid to Europe each year (nearly 7 times less than we spend on the interest alone servicing our national debt).

At the same time the IFS have advised that "a small negative effect of just 0.6% on national income from leaving the EU would damage the public finances by more than 8bn". 

And

"leaving the EU would leave us spending less on public services, or taxing more, or borrowing more".

Sounds great(!). I see the pound took a bit of a whack this morning as well.

Looking good kids!

Lekos

Nimmers, I'd love to read the article which says 4m will come to the UK over the "next few years".

"Next few years" to me means the next 2 / 3 years. Current estimated EU to UK migration is 270,000 a year (not a NET migration figure). So to reach 4m at these levels would take nearly 15 years, and again, would not account for people leaving.

Going back to the "next few years" (let's say 3) this means EU migration to the UK would have to increase in the region of 5 times, overnight.

So I'd love to read that article to see what the logic there is.