News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Villa Thread (1st of Nine!)

Started by KunDB, March 05, 2016, 14:04:04

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Hart, Sagna, Kompany (C), Otamendi, Clichy, Toure, Fernandinho, Navas, Silva, Bony, Aguero

Caballero, Zabaleta, Mangala, Kolarov, M.Garcia, Sterling, Iheanacho

I'm half expecting Aguero to be at CB with VK, a MP special.

C'mon City

Ludo

If Bony can't score against Villa today then there's no point picking him again

Rowley Birkin QC

We look a touch light in midfield again (if Yaya decides to have one of his take it easy days)

Agree with Ludo about Bony

KunDB

Navas just does not offer enough in midfield. Good pace on the wing but no real product and no real tackle and bite. So always going to be light in midfield with a lazy Yaya, and Navas and Silva both playing. Sterling dropped?

Swiss

Think Pellers must have heard me on the other thread about Manu being in the squad!!!

Surprising no Fernando, well not really but yes...

----------Bony----Kun-----------
Silva--------------------Navas
-------Yaya---Dinho----------
Clichy-Ota-Vinny---Sagna
------------Hart---------------

What I would have liked to have seen from available players was...

-----------Kun--------------
Sterling----Silva---Navas
-------Yaya----Dinho------
Kolarov-------------Zabba
---------Ota---Vinny-------
-------------Hart-----------

still a bit flimsy, however enough pace to worry villa a lot

Rowley Birkin QC

Navas does track back and get the odd tackle in.

Swiss

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 05, 2016, 14:38:23
Navas does track back and get the odd tackle in.

I've got no problem with his work rate.

Rowley Birkin QC

We're at home and playing the basement dwellers, so we really should be playing with two strikers - but a lot depends on Yaya today, with Silva and Navas coming back to look for the ball and help out. Either way someone out of Dinho, Yaya and Silva had better have their running boots on. We simply must break out of midfield quicker, otherwise I can't see Aguero and Bony getting enough good opportunities. I want to see some high-tempo football here and put them to the sword!

Having said that - no doubt we'll get the usual slow, patient build-up stuff - with few clear cut chances - everyone just hoping one moment's brilliance from Aguero or Silva or Yaya gets us over the line  >:(

God help us if we let Villa get in our faces.

Swiss

I think we play better with 1 striker. but 3 fwds if that makes sense

Rowley Birkin QC

Swiss

Swiss

Chance 1 for bony. Good movement though

KunDB

Rowley Birkin QC

Rowley Birkin QC

Swiss

KunDB

Usual team tactics by Pelle and usual slow start, no real tempo.

Lekos

Swiss

Rowley Birkin QC

KunDB

Dare I say it we look tired, except Bony who is just out of his depth.

KunDB

We need a lucky break to get us up and running.

Is Yaya 40 soon?

KunDB

Win or lose or draw today it is hard to see us winning the Pl. We are just plain ordinary, at best, and unconvincing most of the time.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 05, 2016, 14:54:29
Having said that - no doubt we'll get the usual slow, patient build-up stuff - with few clear cut chances - everyone just hoping one moment's brilliance from Aguero or Silva or Yaya gets us over the line  >:(

Like I said...

lee

we have seen some shit players at city over the years.. but bony...jesus wept....

clevblue

Its like watching the rags boring as ferk

KunDB

Quote from: lee on March 05, 2016, 15:51:53
we have seen some shit players at city over the years.. but bony...jesus wept....

Pelle still loves playing him, despite the obvious problem that he always plays shite. What has Kelechi done so wrong Pelle will not start him?

Rowley Birkin QC

Simple maths really. To score goals you have to create opportunities - and lots of them. You can have the best players in the world but if you're going to spend more than 50% of the game just knocking the ball around across the middle of the park the opportunities are going to be hard to come by.

More pace - more forward passes - more crosses into the box (give him enough deliveries and even Bony might actually get one of these headers right!)

Silva is well off the pace  :(

Swiss

There was one nice interchange between Kun and Bony, but that's it really from Bony apart from falling over and giving the ball away.

Rowley Birkin QC

Well at least we started the 2nd half brightly!

KunDB

KunDB

Yaya scored but Sergio is just superb.

Swiss

Made by Kun that was, really nice pull back, navas take note.

And there's our bit of luck too, massive deflection from Micah

KunDB

and just to prove how brillant

2 0

Aguuueeeeerrrrrrooooo

Swiss

Oh Micah, I feel for him but that should put the tie to bed!

Rowley Birkin QC

Nice pass from Bony and a helpful assist from Micah (poor lad)

Rowley Birkin QC

Brilliant! Silva to Aguero

That's more like it!

KunDB

Now that was just Brillant Agguuueeeerrrrroooooooooooooo

Swiss

I'm going to contradict myself here, but what was the point in that substitution?

We've won the game, might as well give Bony a full game to try and get some confidence

Rowley Birkin QC

It seems we'd rather be giving Sterling more confidence instead!

KunDB

Bony will be shipped out express post by Pep.

Rowley Birkin QC

Job done. Very good. Much better in the 2nd half.

Nice little cameo from Garcia at the end. Looks as accomplished on the ball as he he was when I saw him play in Melbourne. Good prospect.

clevblue

Good second half confidence building for coming games, shame for Micah and wotsisname

Rowley Birkin QC

We need to crack on from here - win our game in hand and get in the points amongst Spurs and Arsenal. Put some pressure on them!

Then hope Leicester City fold. 

Swiss

We just need to concentrate on 3rd at this point.

Neil Mcnab

3 points, job done. In my opinion the league has gone and we are in a battle to stay in the top four. Given our recent from, we are more likely to finish fifth than first.

Swiss

gavin

Good win in the end but we made hard work of it in the first half. We still play some great stuff at times - one of Sergio's goals was awesome. However a lot of the time we are still too ponderous. I can't understand why so many times when the break is on we wait for the defence to get back. Teams set out to defend and then when they rarely break forward and leave gaps we don't take advantage. Anyway, second half was good fun and what should have been a straightforward win was in the end. Have to be pleased with that.