News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Man City v Fluminense

Started by Stephen Paul, December 20, 2023, 14:31:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

gavin

I think thats a bit optimistic. We still look so dodgy at the back. Even against Urawa we were very close to giving goals away.

Neil Mcnab

I was watching a pundit talking about Fluminense, Marcelo was the first name and at a guess their best player. If its the former RM player his legs went years ago. In a one off game anything can happen, but 5-1 with Bernardo and Walker terrorising Marcelo.

KunDB

Quote from: Stephen Paul on December 20, 2023, 14:31:44
20 - 0

Fluminese or City win Stephen?

2   1  City win

I feel this is going to very hard fought, this is the gold plate championship in Brazil.

gavin

reddishblue

XI | Ederson, Walker (C), Stones, Dias, Ake, Rodrigo, Lewis, Bernardo, Foden, Grealish, Alvarez

SUBS | Ortega Moreno, Carson, Phillips, Kovacic, Gomez, Gvardiol, Akanji, Nunes, Bobb, Alleyne, Susoho, Hamilton

gavin

I thought Alvarez would come in but a bit harsh on Kova and Nunes who looked good in the Semi.

KunDB

The team selection is working well.
One up right from the off, then 2 up by the half hour cooling break.

They are a good style team, possession football played at pace. We got lucky to avoid the penalty.

Ederson has been piss poor first half, other than that wonderful save.

gavin

Looking good. Alvarez and Lewis picked to swarm over them trying to play out at the back and it worked immediately. An excellent, surprising effort from Ake and good improvisation from Alvarez. An OG for the second but there were two City players to knock in Foden's cross after an excellent ball from Rodri.

We need to start well second half to finish it off. If we concede, the pressure will be on after Palace.

KunDB

Ederson back to form second half.

A well deserved goal for Foden. Rodri a big worry.

KunDB

History made tonight.

No other English team had achieved the full house of trophies. 🏆

FA Cup, PL, CL, Super Cup. World Club Cup

gavin

Champions of the World. We won the Premier League to go into Champions League. We won the Champions League to go into the Club World Cup. People might say it was an easy two games but we made them look easy and this was the culmination of two and a half years of work. The highlight of all that work was probably the home win against Real Madrid. We had scary moments in the Champions League Final and we had easier games in Saudi. But at the end of it all we are crowned the best team in the world and I believe that over those years it has been completely justified. Well done City.

KunDB

We are
Champions off England
Champions of Europe
Champions of the World
Championees, Championees, Championees

zacc

We are the Champions of the World :flagwaver: :cityscarf:

Neil Mcnab

Cant get excited about this. The opposition were shite, joke of a competition in its present format.

gavin

It is what it is. The Champions of the Confederations playing off to become World Champions. As a format it actually seems reasonable enough. Of course, the European Confederation is much stronger than the others due to finances. But it would seem to be a bit arrogant to assume the European Champions are the best team in the world without a match. I think the new format makes it more of a farce than less.