News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Who goes, who stays and who do we buy?

Started by Swiss, May 15, 2015, 15:11:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

Quote from: bry the guy on July 21, 2015, 20:50:33
Quote from: Swiss on July 21, 2015, 20:33:40
Press are at opposite poles with De Bruyne, some convinced he'll stay, some that he'll leave.

Otamendi in the picture, red tops stating we're stealing him from Utd...

Do we need him?

Demi prob in his last season
Mangala looks like bambi on ice
Denayer unknown

I'd say yes and loan out Mangala to someone like Villa, could do him a world of good with a season with someone else in the prem under his belt.
What have you got against Villa? :D

:D

Well they've lost Vlaar and I suspect they'll be under a lot of defensive pressure... How best to sort out his bambi on ice look!?

goat

hamsik!

pushing it calling yaya box to box now the lazy cnut

wouldnt mind a leftback that isnt clichy or kolarov

Ludo

Yes we certainly could do with a new left back.

Swiss

Quote from: goat on July 21, 2015, 21:27:39
hamsik!

pushing it calling yaya box to box now the lazy cnut

He was... til he got past it

wouldnt mind a leftback that isnt clichy or kolarov

clevblue

Otamendi's being talked about in the papers now, anything to improve the back four will be needed, they must be on it surely?

Swiss

So we've got:

Hamsik (guessing £35m) or Pogba (rumoured £70m)

Otamendi (rumoured £35m)

De Brunye (rumoured £45m)

That's  either £61m or £26m left to spend on a lb.

Any suggestions?

Lekos

Hasn't Otamendi been shipped out to Brazil on loan...is he really that good then?

clevblue

I've NO idea, but we need to strengthen the back.

Swiss

Just checked, Otamendi was loaned out to some club in Brazil in February 2014 when Velencia had bought him but then played a full season for Valencia from August 2014 to close (38 apps).

I know the Rags have been heavily linked with him so it might be that the red tops are just stirring or his agent is trying to hurry up a potential deal by saying others are interested...

For CB:

Sergio Ramos seems to be available. Hot headed, 29, likened to Paolo Maldini...: perfect age for a CB, but is it perfect temperment? Can Fill in at RB when needed. Winning mentality.

Thiago Silva (No links to him in press) but Baresi has stated he's the defender who currently most resembles his playing style... Turns 31 in September so not quite as attractive as Ramos (Steady now) but again a winning mentality.

Giorgio Chiellini (Again no links... this year!). 31 in August. Another agressive player. Hard tackler, good in the air.. Versatile at LB. Looks mental...

All three are fast, have good technical ability, plenty of experience & consistent. I'd be happy with any of them.

Otamendi, 27: Game time wise, he's played a fraction of what the other two have. 235 senior games since 2007. Covering 8 seasons that's an average of 29 games per season incl. all cup games.

Thiago Silva, 379 games over what looks like 10 seasons... Average of 37.9 games per season

Sergio Ramos, 494 games over 12 seasons. Average of 41.1 games per season despite being the record holder for red cards for Real Madrid!

Giorgio Chiellini. 466 games over 15 seasons. Average of 31 games per season and this takes into account his 3 break through years where he only had a maximum of 7 games in a year for Livorno.

I think Ramos (If true he can leave RM) would be around the £35 to 40m mark. He's also the youngest out of the three more established CB's.
If they don't want to sell then his price may double... but we'd be getting someone of quality we know isn't bambi on ice.

goat

daniel and christian maldini

if they are a quarter as good as the old man we will be set for 20 years

clevblue

I don't know much about players in Europe but Paolo Maldini is a legend so his kids would be worth it -except that my dad was a good dancer and I've got 3 left feet so it doesn't always follow. My dad was also very handsome... and that didn't follow either :(

The moaning that's still going on about how much City are ready to spend is becoming a complete fucking bore now. it seems like every paper, every blog in the sport I'm sick of them. In fact I've decided Sterling is the best player we've ever bought and I feckin love him from now on and the young lads too. The oil money is wasted on anything other than football IMO so keep blowing it Sheik Mansour old lad We're right with you. It'll be the most expensive Silverware ever and it'll be ours

goat

Rowley Birkin QC

Neil Mcnab

Only remember Otamendi from 2010 world cup, he was very. very poor.

Whats wrong with Bonucci as a defender?

Denayer and Mangled need to shine, difficult to do that if they are not playing.

Toure is no longer a regular starter for me. Given his wages, he is a very expensive and no doubt disruptive bench warmer. He should have been top of the list for replacements. No other club would pay what we are paying him, so unless we can engineer some exit, with a golden goodbye, he will be like an albatross round the neck for the next two years. A very slow, jogging type albatross.

clevblue

After buying the young ones, it's all gone dead again. DeBruyn is finally thinking about maybe moving on, perhaps, well, it's worth thinking about, well it's nice to think some big club wants you...lalala ... but nowt else is happening unless Cheeky B is working below the radar

Swiss

34 days and 21 hours of the transfer window left

reddishblue

Swiss

Swiss

The official Fifa Transfer management system website also lists the closure as 1st septemeber

http://www.fifatms.com/en/Football-Data/transfer-windows/