News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Otamendi

Started by KunDB, August 16, 2015, 20:06:32

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

Quote from: Zabba on August 20, 2015, 13:02:38
If he had gone to Utd they would have been streghthened significantly in defence.

He is a warriror, a battler, great vision and decisiveness, the type of player (Zabba like battler) that every team wants and needs.

need more than david brent type buzz words really

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on August 20, 2015, 21:12:38
Everything I've seen on paper suggests he should be good, now lets see him on grass. It is particularly pleasing that he and Mango should already be comfortable together.

It's an interesting one, realistically I wouldn't expect Otamendi to start pushing for a starting 11 place for 2 to 3 weeks. By then, if Mangala continues his form (for our sakes hopefully) Ota may find it hard to get a run out in the league! There will be one of them that's frustrated for sure!

KunDB

Managal and Otamendi had a very successful partnership established at Porto. He should fit in easily. Otamendi & Mangala; Otamendi & Kompany; Kompany and Mangala (1st choice); Demichellis with Mangala; Demichellis & Kompany; Demichellis and Otamendi. Yes Kompany & Demichellis will have to learn about their new partner but what great options we have, inclding playing 3 together at times.

Otamendi is a late developer but a very good player and like Sterling I am satisfied he will definitely strengthen and improve our team and provide opportunity for down time for key defenders and cover for injury.

Remember he can cover at right back as well.

nimrod

Quote from: Zabba on August 20, 2015, 23:35:07
Managal and Otamendi had a very successful partnership established at Porto. He should fit in easily. Otamendi & Mangala; Otamendi & Kompany; Kompany and Mangala (1st choice); Demichellis with Mangala; Demichellis & Kompany; Demichellis and Otamendi. Yes Kompany & Demichellis will have to learn about their new partner but what great options we have, inclding playing 3 together at times.

Otamendi is a late developer but a very good player and like Sterling I am satisfied he will definitely strengthen and improve our team and provide opportunity for down time for key defenders and cover for injury.

Remember he can cover at right back as well.

Yes but my big fear here is that the tinkerman is going to tinker every game and we'll never have a settled back 4, anybody else have a big fear ?

KunDB

Well Nimrod that is my fear too. We need an established centre back partnership.

I am hopeful however that lessons have been learnt from last season.

Neil Mcnab

Demichelis and Otamendi are Argentina CBs so play internationally together. Played in the recent Copa in the same team. So its only Vinny he wont have played alongside. Looking good.

Swiss

Also, a lot of the negative press about Ota is from when he played at RB for the national team ans didn't do so well... to be fair to him, he wasn't a right back... so I wouldn't likt to see him there...

Sagna has done well in the first two games, made a cracking tackle against Chelsea so it's Zabba's (player) to regain. Though he's out for a month with a knee injury