News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Predictions and match build up for Spuds away. Sunday 4.30

Started by Stephen Paul, August 07, 2021, 19:28:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

The Premier league is back

A difficult away trip to Spurs

No Aguero
Kdb and Foden injured

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

City 6/10
Draw 16/5
Spuds 9/2

Both teams to score
Yes 4/5
No 10/11

City to score both halves 8/5

gavin

I expect that I'll regain my optimism as the week goes on. At the moment, I'm still under the haze of defeat yesterday.

Stephen Paul

Friday
Brentford v arsenal 8pm

Saturday
Man Utd v Leeds 12.30
Burnley v Brighton
Chelsea v Palace
Everton v southampton
Leicester  v Wolves
Watford v Villa
Norwich v Liverpool  5.30

Sunday
Newcastle  v West Ham 12pm
Tottenham v Man City 4.30 pm

Stephen Paul

Foden out for a month... Stones, Walker, Sterling possibly be available for Spurs game..

KDB had a precautionary scan in Barca and was told ok to train, City wanting to avoid a long term injury..

gavin

Good on Stones for turning it around last season. 5 years is a long contract at his age, Pep must have faith that he can continue his form. We need him back in the team ASAP. I'm not convinced by Ake at all.

Careful with KDB, might be an idea to give Grealish a full debut.

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

Can't see Spuds playing Kane on Sunday with all this Speculation going on

gavin

They might just play him to make a point.

bluebrendan

Kane can't be anything like match-fit, if Spurs play him they risk either injuring their best player or reducing his value if they're planning to sell.

Tricky match as we'll be way below full strength, I'll take 0-0 now.

Hesperus

Agree with Brendon. I’d take a draw. We will have a slow start to the season due to players returning late and injuries etc. Problem is we face most of our biggest rivals in the first month or so.

Stephen Paul

gavin

Stephen Paul

Referee Anthony Taylor
Assistants Gary Beswick and Adam Nunn

gavin

Not a good start on the ref front then. We'll be up against it with the rag in charge.

KunDB

Stephen Paul

Quote from: gavin on August 13, 2021, 20:52:15
Not a good start on the ref front then. We'll be up against it with the rag in charge.

Up against it in most games Gavin

KunDB

A lot of focus will be on the Harry Kane saga, but we need to kick off the season with a win so i hope the team will be well focused on winning today. I expect they will.

Also, referee Taylor aside it will be interesting to see how the reinterpretation of some rules affect City, I fear it will simply mean that (letting the game flow) will give further licence to referees to let opposing team kick our players to high heaven without sanction, especially KDB.