News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Welcome back Navas

Started by gavin, February 27, 2016, 12:15:03

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Maligned by a few, including myself on some occasions, but it will be good to see him back on Sunday. There is no doubt he worries defences. I just wish he could add more finishing touches. However I have been thinking for a couple of weeks now that we really need him back as soon as possible. He really can add another dimension even if it is off the bench on Sunday.

https://www.clubcall.com/manchester-city/navas-reveals-city-confidence-1801419.html?

goat

if you ignore his crossing, shooting and ability to see whats going on around him other than the 3 yard pass back to the full back he is ace

Tricky Trev

And you guys give me shit for the things I write.   ;D

Victoria

Quote from: TrickyTrev on February 27, 2016, 23:57:11
And you guys give me shit for the things I write.   ;D

I thought Goats post was accurate!  :)   

gavin

Having him back strengthens the squad whatever his weaknesses. We have been severely lacking in options of late. I can see him having an impact tomorrow, probably off the bench but his pace could make a big difference late on in the game.

Neil Mcnab

Great pace, not much else.

gavin

Well he was poor as a sub to be honest. But fair play to him for stepping up and taking and scoring a pen. Well done Jesus.

Tricky Trev

Swiss

He stretched LFC a bit in the last minutes. His legs were needed as everyone tired

KunDB

After Liverpool scored and Fernandinho missed my heart stopped when Navas stepped up. A great penalty goal, to my immense surprise scored full of confidence.

nimrod

Quote from: goat on February 27, 2016, 22:15:53
if you ignore his crossing, shooting and ability to see whats going on around him other than the 3 yard pass back to the full back he is ace

Im not sure he's that good actually

Stephen Paul

goat

you must be watching wrong streams on your toaster stevie

gavin

He played well this week, plenty of good balls into the box. I think we possibly do him a disservice because we don't have a box striker.

Swiss

Nacho is the box striker, but we need to play him higher up the pitch

goat

not sure he is a box  striker, he seems to have more to his game. box to me is huntelaar or inzaghi type that can only score...not that its a bad thing

Swiss

Aye, I agree he looks to have a bit more to him, but he also seems to have that natural poachers instinct in the 6 yard box too.

goat

was the goat the last real poacher we had?

Lekos

Certainly wasn't samaras

Swiss

Benjani... Bianchi...  8)

Seeing a trend here!

Bradbury, Bony, any other shit B's?

Any good B strikers post prem years?