News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

League Cup Final

Started by Lekos, February 19, 2016, 09:00:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Lekos

Who's going then? I'll be there, somewhere.

Should be a good day out at Wembley, though I'm not feeling too positive about the outcome.

Stephen Paul

i had a ticket but couldnt get off work out here ffs

I think we will sneak it and end their season

bluebrendan

Heading down on the branch coach from Cleveleys. In the cheap seats towards the back of 505.

gavin

Not going, have been to all the home cup games in all comps, Villa away in the FA Cup and Seville but Wembley doesn't get me going now for some reason. I've not been since 1999. I always thought they should have built the new ground in the midlands.

bry the guy

Quote from: gavin on February 19, 2016, 20:52:42
Not going, have been to all the home cup games in all comps, Villa away in the FA Cup and Seville but Wembley doesn't get me going now for some reason. I've not been since 1999. I always thought they should have built the new ground in the midlands.
But that wouldnt be fair to the Londoners Gav.

nimrod

not going - too far

unless goat shouts me a ticket (plane ticket that is) and puts me up in his local

Lekos

On the train down, woop woop!

gavin

City XI: Caballero, Sagna, Kompany (C), Otamendi, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva, Sterling, Aguero

Subs: Hart, Kolarov, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Navas, Iheanacho, Bony

gavin

Lets hope the start like they did in midweek

Mcfc_ms

Strong team with the exception of Mickey Mouse hands in net. Why play him after he was so shit against Chelsea and its a cup final with our best keeper available to play.

Swiss

Never know, he might give the performance of his life considering how he was ripped in the press nd by fans; wants to amke amends...

KunDB

This is our one very strong opportunity for silverware and Hart who has been one of our best players is not even playing. Madness and disrespect.

First 25 mins and we are off to our usual sluggish start.

ebm1991

Need Navas to cause trouble on that right wing.
Strange but since he has been injured our right wing has not seen much action

KunDB

Not a great first half. We have not settled into a rhythm, Aguero is to isolated and to often we are second best for loose ball.

We could do with Zabaleta being on for a bit of power and drive. We play like a team of old men slow, quick, slow.

Swiss

LFC have had the better of the ball but we've had the best chance.

Disappointed at our passing today.

lee

lots of cheating from the dippers..poor from city so far..need to press like we did midweek

Swiss

How many threads do we need!? :P

Not impressed with our passing or pressing

Swiss

We've done a spot of falling over too...

Think Lucas and Fernandinho lucky not to have been booked.

This midfield out ran Kiev, which just goes to show you how poor they were imho.

We've been outplayed without lfc creating anything decent thanks to our defence

gavin

Outplayed? Think you've been watching some other game Swiss. Not a great half but thought we were slightly better than the scousers.

KunDB

Raheem off and Kelechi on I say.

Tricky Trev

How the fuck is this game not over yet, jesus fucking christ city.

This has tears written all over.

KunDB

Pelle needed to shake things up and Raheem has been wasteful beyond belief.

Fact is we are not that good (sadly).

gavin

We should have won that second half comfortably. Bloody Raheem had a bit of a stinker. Clear pen not given either. I just knew we would be made to pay for it.

KunDB

Pelle too late making a change, as usual - The inertia man.

KunDB

On the positive side even though we are being outplayed extra time, we are clinging on doggedly.

Lekos

Sterling has been dogshit

bluepill

Not impressed with the Liverpool centric commentary on 606, come on city

KunDB

Alls well that ends well, apart from my heart.

clevblue

God, who's man of the match??

gavin

Really pleased for Willy. He did great. Best team won.

Tricky Trev

godamn what the fuck? this had almost all the signs of tears, but it's all backwards. This is fantastic, I hate being wrong but this is awesome, I think I might be having an aneurysm! Fucking Willy  :D :headbang: :strangle: :cheerleader: :flagwaver: :cityscarf:

Mcfc_ms

Well done big Willy! He deserves the praise today and I take back everything bad I said about him.

Fernandinho was fantastic today though.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on February 28, 2016, 19:22:29
Really pleased for Willy. He did great. Best team won.

Both right, well done Willy and City and Pelle.

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on February 28, 2016, 17:30:14
Outplayed? Think you've been watching some other game Swiss. Not a great half but thought we were slightly better than the scousers.

Yep, LFC's passing was better, they pressed as a team to win the ball back and looked to make runs in behind, created maybe one or two good chances but mostly offside.

City however; passing looked hurried/ panicked, movement in the centre poor. Mostly looked for long balls over the top. However we created some really good chances.

Swiss

That was for the first half BTW.

Cracking and deserved win though.
Some great pens, we'll let Fern'inho off though  ???
And some great saves too.

KunDB

It is important to keep silverware rolling in, even if only the League Cup.

clevblue

VIncent man of the match, well done!!  Big Willy man of the hour!

Swiss

Leewonpen

Pellegrini......."I'd rather lose a title than lose (break) my word"

Class.

KunDB

Quote from: Leewonpen on February 28, 2016, 20:54:19
Pellegrini......."I'd rather lose a title than lose (break) my word"

Class.

Class indeed, but that is a promise he did not have to make.

clevblue

Will we beat them at Anfield next week?

Definitely ;D

gavin

On a personal level I admire the loyalty and principle in what Pellegrini says about rather losing titles than losing his word. However, his job is to win trophies for City. Never mind, all went well and it was great for Willy and I am delighted for him and Pelle. Though I dread to think what would have been said had Willy conceded the goal that Mignolet did and City had lost because of it  :D.

Rowley Birkin QC

So... Willy not so floppy then?

Excellent.

Ludo

Yes, Willy's big shiny head was standing proud.

lee

Quote from: Zabba on February 28, 2016, 21:11:20
Class indeed, but that is a promise he did not have to make.

why not?

KunDB

Quote from: lee on February 28, 2016, 22:10:54
why not?

Because if Willy had a form collapse in the games before the final he should not play. Players should earn their place, not have them guaranteed and the fans and a winning team should be first priority not a player or relationship.

Would it be right if he had promised Demechellis a place and dropped Kompany for the final. I do not think so. No player should be given a promise of a guaranteed final place, absolutely no player.

lee

i dont agree..the guy had played in all the cup games so its only right he played...he was fuckin outstanding...hart might not have saved any of them spot kicks...i trust what pelle does and says more than you!!

Swiss

Just saying, Hart's got a decent record against pens iirc

KunDB

Quote from: lee on February 28, 2016, 23:38:52
i dont agree..the guy had played in all the cup games so its only right he played...he was fuckin outstanding...hart might not have saved any of them spot kicks...i trust what pelle does and says more than you!!

Not the point. Willy was fabulous today a hero at the end, but no player should be guaranteed a starting berth or promised to play before the season starts. Who asked you to trust me I am entitled to my opinion and do are you.

Was Jie told this promise was being made and he would never play again in the FA Cup or Capital One Cup and not in either Final. Not very fair for Joe.

clevblue

Pelles in his final weeks with us,  so he can take decisions that he may not normally take. Things are very different from any other season at the moment because of Pep so we can enjoy Pelles freedom when it works in our favour and accept it

nimrod

Quote from: clevblue on February 28, 2016, 21:17:34
Will we beat them at Anfield next week?

Definitely ;D

Klopp is undoing all Brendans good work

lee

Quote from: Zabba on February 28, 2016, 23:48:24
Not the point. Willy was fabulous today a hero at the end, but no player should be guaranteed a starting berth or promised to play before the season starts. Who asked you to trust me I am entitled to my opinion and do are you.

Was Jie told this promise was being made and he would never play again in the FA Cup or Capital One Cup and not in either Final. Not very fair for Joe.

if i can sum you up in one word it would have to be contrary

bry the guy

It was the same last time we won it,Panty played all the games so i guess Joe will know about it.

Hesperus

Fair play to Pellegrini and Cabellero. I've been a big critic of them both, but I'm very happy for them to have come up with the goods when it mattered. Credit where credit is due.

Swiss

I'd rate us at 40% good in that match.