News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

League Cup Final

Started by Lekos, February 19, 2016, 09:00:01

Previous topic - Next topic

clevblue

Will we beat them at Anfield next week?

Definitely ;D

gavin

On a personal level I admire the loyalty and principle in what Pellegrini says about rather losing titles than losing his word. However, his job is to win trophies for City. Never mind, all went well and it was great for Willy and I am delighted for him and Pelle. Though I dread to think what would have been said had Willy conceded the goal that Mignolet did and City had lost because of it  :D.

Rowley Birkin QC

So... Willy not so floppy then?

Excellent.

Ludo

Yes, Willy's big shiny head was standing proud.

lee

Quote from: Zabba on February 28, 2016, 21:11:20
Class indeed, but that is a promise he did not have to make.

why not?

KunDB

Quote from: lee on February 28, 2016, 22:10:54
why not?

Because if Willy had a form collapse in the games before the final he should not play. Players should earn their place, not have them guaranteed and the fans and a winning team should be first priority not a player or relationship.

Would it be right if he had promised Demechellis a place and dropped Kompany for the final. I do not think so. No player should be given a promise of a guaranteed final place, absolutely no player.

lee

i dont agree..the guy had played in all the cup games so its only right he played...he was fuckin outstanding...hart might not have saved any of them spot kicks...i trust what pelle does and says more than you!!

Swiss

Just saying, Hart's got a decent record against pens iirc

KunDB

Quote from: lee on February 28, 2016, 23:38:52
i dont agree..the guy had played in all the cup games so its only right he played...he was fuckin outstanding...hart might not have saved any of them spot kicks...i trust what pelle does and says more than you!!

Not the point. Willy was fabulous today a hero at the end, but no player should be guaranteed a starting berth or promised to play before the season starts. Who asked you to trust me I am entitled to my opinion and do are you.

Was Jie told this promise was being made and he would never play again in the FA Cup or Capital One Cup and not in either Final. Not very fair for Joe.

clevblue

Pelles in his final weeks with us,  so he can take decisions that he may not normally take. Things are very different from any other season at the moment because of Pep so we can enjoy Pelles freedom when it works in our favour and accept it

nimrod

Quote from: clevblue on February 28, 2016, 21:17:34
Will we beat them at Anfield next week?

Definitely ;D

Klopp is undoing all Brendans good work

lee

Quote from: Zabba on February 28, 2016, 23:48:24
Not the point. Willy was fabulous today a hero at the end, but no player should be guaranteed a starting berth or promised to play before the season starts. Who asked you to trust me I am entitled to my opinion and do are you.

Was Jie told this promise was being made and he would never play again in the FA Cup or Capital One Cup and not in either Final. Not very fair for Joe.

if i can sum you up in one word it would have to be contrary

bry the guy

It was the same last time we won it,Panty played all the games so i guess Joe will know about it.

Hesperus

Fair play to Pellegrini and Cabellero. I've been a big critic of them both, but I'm very happy for them to have come up with the goods when it mattered. Credit where credit is due.

Swiss

I'd rate us at 40% good in that match.