News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

peps first big decision

Started by nimrod, May 20, 2016, 03:00:28

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

I think his first decision will probably be team captain I mean will he go with Vincent Or someone else due to Vincents Injury History
Maybe he will have to decide whether Vincent even stays At the club It will be interesting and I wonder if he has decided already

Ludo

Vinnie's going to have the whole summer off to recuperate so I'd like to think Pep will give him the benefit of that and a full preseason before making any decisions.

Short of buying 15 or 16 new faces there's a lot of of other players ahead of Kompany that could be for the chop.

Swiss

If Yaya and Zabba go, the only other candidate (Depending on who comes in) can be Hart and I don't particularly like GK's being Captains because they can't gee up the team from all over the pitch.

I think Hart could be an able Club or Vice captain, but should not be the full team leader on the pitch.

My ideal position for Capt. is CM.

goat

captain is overrated, if the other 10 need someone to get them up for a game something is wrong with them. only thing captain is needed for is the hand shaking, coin tossing shite. maybe picking up a cup

bluebrendan

gavin

What you say might br true but in reality at times a team needs a lift, encouragement, strength from a leader. Vinny can definitely offer that if playing.

goat

unless its one of the kids thrown in they should be able to know what they are doing and how to react

gavin

Yes, spot on but in reality most are clueless and need a captain.

goat

vinny has been a bit of  a liability himself  when hes  not breaking himself kicking the ball

not a secret im not his biggest fan but i wouldnt whinge too much if hart  was giving the tossing duties

nimrod

Quote from: Ludo on May 20, 2016, 08:43:11
Vinnie's going to have the whole summer off to recuperate so I'd like to think Pep will give him the benefit of that and a full preseason before making any decisions.

Short of buying 15 or 16 new faces there's a lot of of other players ahead of Kompany that could be for the chop.

Of course Ludo, I too hope Vinny will be fine next season and Id like to see him as captain again, but we have to face reality, we cant have a captain who may miss more than half the games, Im of the belief (like Gav)  that a team needs a leader on the pitch, not every game but if you 2 down at Stoke or struggling at Sold Trafford. I mean I agree with goat that players should know what theyre doing but some of them seem to need a bollocking now and then.
Its a big decision for Pep, does he risk going with Vinny ?

Ludo

Not sure it's much risk though to be fair. Not having adequate backup is more of a risk.

I agree his injury record doesn't inspire confidence and we, possibly, don't have natural leaders on the pitch but discarding Vinny would be throwing the baby out with the bath water. Of the current squad Fernandinho might be a contender for the trophy lifting duties.

goat

i  guess if  he stays zabba would be my first choice if vinny is replaced, no idea why yaya was given it over him while zabba was first choice right back

gavin

To avoid a Yaya strop probably. Zabba just takes it like a man of course.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

What Gav said. The club bent over backwards for Yaya the ungrateful twot.

Kolorov was captain a few times but he wouldn't be a contender for me.

Delph obviously was at villa but he needs to be more of a regular.

Good shout on Dinho but what's his English like?

Silva is well experienced and I reckon he would relish the opportunity. He's loved and respected by everyone and we owe it to him.

Swiss

I wonder if we will start to see a different attitude in the press, mind you, they'll be too busy fawning over Jose

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Is Pep's first official start date the 1st of July?

goat

not sure it matters with managers, german season is over so he can show up tomorrow

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on May 22, 2016, 11:01:09
I wonder if we will start to see a different attitude in the press, mind you, they'll be too busy fawning over Jose

What I really really would like is for us to take 6 points of the arrogant bastards next season and play the fuckers off the park, so that little annoying up himself fuckwit has nothing to say

The Blue Blooded Maniac

We all know exactly what's going to happen with the derby. We will do our usual and go to actually play football and Moaninho will have 11 players behind the ball and will kick the living shit out of us.

Lekos