News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

MATCH THREAD- Soul but no Hart!

Started by KunDB, August 13, 2016, 16:34:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

There was quite a bit of change actually, especially in the midfield department. There was lots of movement, pass and go, triangles, closing down and a fight about the team that hasn't been there for 3 seasons!

Ok, not everything came off and the tempo wasn't as fast as we would like... but the signs are there that it's starting to come together nicely.

I found it interesting the differences in style.

nimrod

Interesting game I thought.
Moyes did well setting up the team like he did, he always made it difficult for us at Everton

My MOTM was erm Kolorov,  :o  what a great display, this lad has many talents, Stones and Sterling next

Like Lee Im not bothered whether we get rid of Hart, his game has too many weaknesses.

Now awaiting the Yaya moaning newspaper articles  ::)

I think Pep will have our team very well oiled by about November. They need time to get used to this new way, thought Silva looked comfortable in this deeper position also.

zacc

Had a headache from trying to keep up with the formation changes.
Thank goodness the players were keeping up ;)
Made for entertaining watch, be good to see Pep eradicate the easing off after being 1 up.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Swiss on August 14, 2016, 01:12:06
There was quite a bit of change actually, especially in the midfield department. There was lots of movement, pass and go, triangles, closing down and a fight about the team that hasn't been there for 3 seasons!

Ok, not everything came off and the tempo wasn't as fast as we would like... but the signs are there that it's starting to come together nicely.

I found it interesting the differences in style.
Agree with this, the different tactical approach was intriguing to watch, for example using the full backs to tuck into midfield and add defensive depth to that area and utilising Silva as a more orthodox central midfielder rather than as a no.10. This last one didn't work quite as well because I thought we lost some creativity as KdB who was playing as the no.10 looked sluggish, as did Aguero.

Kolarov and Sterling were both excellent and I was pleased for them as they both have had a lot of stick in recent months. There was always going to be a bit of a transitional phase getting used to the new system so I was happy enough just to get the 3pts.

Ludo

That shape and style of play is going to take a bit of time to adapt to and a lot of hard work from the fullbacks to make it successful.

Plus points; Stones looked assured for the most part, Sterling looked more confident and Kolarov didn't look a complete tool.

Minus points; Nolito didn't get into the game at all, we went a bit sideways too often and Kolarov still has no right foot.