News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

eu, in or out

Started by goat, May 30, 2016, 12:59:08

Previous topic - Next topic

reddishblue

The EU is a gravy train for failed politicians. Kinnock (senior) is an excellent example of this. Kinnock (junior) will hopes he gets there too.

reddishblue

The cnut spent 15 years there earning far more than any prime minister. I am totally unaware of anything he did  during that time that was of any benefit to the UK. I'm fairly sure though he has a decent pension.

nimrod

Quote from: reddishblue on June 02, 2016, 22:51:16
The cnut spent 15 years there earning far more than any prime minister. I am totally unaware of anything he did  during that time that was of any benefit to the UK. I'm fairly sure though he has a decent pension.

His expense account is probably higher than his salary

1st class air travel, 5 & 6* Hotels, expensive meals etc etc

Massive costs

reddishblue

Quote from: goat on June 01, 2016, 15:29:12
out of  interest  what do you really think will change if  we leave the e.u?

The price of smuggled amber leaf will go up.

Ludo

Quote from: nimrod on June 02, 2016, 22:17:54
The worst thing about the EU is that its entirely un-elected and unaccountable

It may have escaped your attention since your migration to Australia but we do have elections to the European Parliament and hence that parliament is accountable to the electorate.

As for what it costs the taxpayer, we pay the EU least than half a percent of GDP, about 10 times less than is spent on the defence budget.

nimrod

Quote from: reddishblue on June 02, 2016, 23:28:23

Ive heard Aldi prices will go up

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: reddishblue on June 02, 2016, 22:51:16

A few well placed Google searches will tell you about some of the things Kinnock achieved while at the EU.

For example - he oversaw the difficult restructuring of EU official pay scales to reduce wages and over generous pension plans. Thus cutting costs...

This made him unpopular within the EU but he was implementing a policy dictated to him the member states via the Council. Accountability in the EU? Well fancy that.

Ludo

Don't try and throw facts into the argument Rowley, most of the Brexit brigade are still relying on Nigel Farage for that.

nimrod

Quote from: Ludo on June 02, 2016, 23:55:50
Don't try and throw facts into the argument Rowley, most of the Brexit brigade are still relying on Nigel Farage for that.

Haha exactly the kind of snobbish, insulting, boring, arrogant, stupid comment expected

Yes all outers are racist, misogynist, flag waving Nazi's and we all worship Nigel Farage and UKIP

reddishblue

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on June 02, 2016, 23:44:26
A few well placed Google searches will tell you about some of the things Kinnock achieved while at the EU.

For example - he oversaw the difficult restructuring of EU official pay scales to reduce wages and over generous pension plans. Thus cutting costs...

This made him unpopular within the EU but he was implementing a policy dictated to him the member states via the Council. Accountability in the EU? Well fancy that.

No wonder they fucked him off to the House of Lords.

Ludo

Quote from: nimrod on June 03, 2016, 00:19:56
all outers are racist, misogynist, flag waving Nazi's and we all worship Nigel Farage and UKIP

That's a bit harsh but if the shoe fits....

But seriously you have to admit that most of the rhetoric from the Brexit side is based on immigration and giving too much money and power to those 'Johnny Foreigners'

Any seemingly rich and successful country will be a target for economic migrants - take Australia as an example - but those migrants that come to Britain have been shown to contribute more in tax than they receive in benefits. Since 2000 that figure is estimated to be around 33% more. Those younger economic migrants tend to be better educated and more qualified than their British counterparts and so tend to find jobs more easily. There's an argument that they keep wages low but they're still subject to the same employment laws as British workers. Laws which by the way have been made stronger by European legislation.

The cost in contributions to Europe from the UK is around £2.50 per week for every British subject which isn't a lot when you consider the benefits it has to British businesses both small and large with unfettered trading to a huge market right on its doorstep. Free health care inside the EU and freedom of movement inside the EU even though we're not members of Schengen; although the UK does have a Schengen style agreement with Ireland so it might make the closed borders approach a moot argument.

lee

BREXIT

i see cameron made a complete arse of himself on telly last night..fancy having that clown as head of the IN lot  :D

lee

Quote from: reddishblue on June 02, 2016, 23:28:23

and drum will become a thing of the past

lee

Quote from: Ludo on June 03, 2016, 08:57:31
That's a bit harsh but if the shoe fits....

But seriously you have to admit that most of the rhetoric from the Brexit side is based on immigration and giving too much money and power to those 'Johnny Foreigners'

Any seemingly rich and successful country will be a target for economic migrants - take Australia as an example - but those migrants that come to Britain have been shown to contribute more in tax than they receive in benefits. Since 2000 that figure is estimated to be around 33% more. Those younger economic migrants tend to be better educated and more qualified than their British counterparts and so tend to find jobs more easily. There's an argument that they keep wages low but they're still subject to the same employment laws as British workers. Laws which by the way have been made stronger by European legislation.

The cost in contributions to Europe from the UK is around £2.50 per week for every British subject which isn't a lot when you consider the benefits it has to British businesses both small and large with unfettered trading to a huge market right on its doorstep. Free health care inside the EU and freedom of movement inside the EU even though we're not members of Schengen; although the UK does have a Schengen style agreement with Ireland so it might make the closed borders approach a moot argument.

total bollocks ludo..i dont know anyone who is voting out because of immagration...some of us dont want to ruled by a bunch of cunts in brussels..can you name me the 5 leading heads in the EU?

another silly fooker called harriet harman does not even know!!!

Lekos

Quote from: lee on June 03, 2016, 13:40:32
BREXIT

i see cameron made a complete arse of himself on telly last night..fancy having that clown as head of the IN lot  :D

Cameron is a wanker, no getting around that, but the Brexit lot have Boris 'three bananas' Johnson, Nigel 'one of the people' Farage and Neil 'likes talking at fascist events and giving Nazi salutes' Hamilton.

Sheeeeit.

Lekos

Oh, and Donald Trump too.

Seriously. If anyone is on the same side as that lot they need to give their heads a massive wobble.

goat

Quote from: lee on June 03, 2016, 13:40:32
BREXIT

boris....

Ludo

Quote from: lee on June 03, 2016, 14:00:46
total bollocks ludo..i dont know anyone who is voting out because of immagration...some of us dont want to ruled by a bunch of cunts in brussels..can you name me the 5 leading heads in the EU?

That's the point lee you're not being ruled by Brussels not matter what you think or are told. The vast majority of Britain's laws are made in Britain, overseen and passed by an unelected House of Lords.

The five leading heads in the EU? Depends on what you think of as the EU, do you mean the 5 leading heads of state, 5 MEPs or 5 members of the EU commission. I couldn't name 5 members of the current cabinet to be honest

As for immigration not being a central tranche of the Brexit group you've been asleep for the past few months.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: lee on June 03, 2016, 14:00:46
...some of us dont want to ruled by a bunch of cunts in brussels..

But you're not being ruled by a bunch of cunts in Brussels. All they do is add an extra layer of regulation and standards to existing member state laws. The only people ruling you lot are in Westminster.

Take the once appalling state of British beaches for example. EU regulation forced Britain to bring it's filthy beaches up to the same standards as the rest of Europe. 30 years on and people in Britain now take their clean beaches for granted - but they have the EU to thank for it.

lee

fuck it im going back to breitbart   8)