News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

PL refers City to commission for breach of FFP rules.

Started by KunDB, February 06, 2023, 10:44:58

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Just what was needed in an already disrupted season for City.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/12804577/man-city-charged-by-premier-league-for-numerous-alleged-breaches-of-financial-rules

Manchester City have been charged by the Premier League with numerous alleged breaches of financial rules.

The charges relate to financial information regarding revenue, details of manager and player remuneration, UEFA regulations, profitability and sustainability and co-operation with Premier League investigations.

Is this behind what is wrong with City currently, given Pep made it clear he trusts the management but would walk if we had breached the rules as management had assured him we hadn't.

gavin

Firstly, this has nothing to do with our current form. Secondly, how independent is this 'independent' commision?

'The members of the commission will be appointed by the independent chair of the Premier League judicial panel, in accordance with Premier League rules W.19, W.20 and W.26.'.

It is Premier League appointed so not independent at all. Just saying it is independent doesn't make it so. We know very well what clubs are behind this and the power that they wield in the Premier League and its committees that appoint 'independent chairs'.

Stephen Paul

The knives are out again as we enter the most important part of the season

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I've just read aswell that the hearings will be made in private, there is no time frame for the hearing and when the PL decide the outcome they will post it in their website.

Transparent as ever in the modern era of football!!!

Neil Mcnab

I would think at some point, something will stick. Pep would indeed walk, but only "lucky" thing is it could take years to resolve, perhaps long after he has already gone. I wont defend the indefensible, already heard about Mancinis pay, does sound dodgy. Still, innocent till proved otherwise.

gavin

I find this bizarre in many ways. Charged with breaking rules from 2009 after over 4 years of investigation! What on earth have they been doing all this time? How come they charge us with breaching UEFA rules as well as their own? Since when are they the arbiters of another organizations rules? Bear in mind that City have already been found guilty of and punished for one breach and found guilty of and then cleared of another. How do they think they can retry those? Surely, they have to stick to alleged breaches of their own rules?

Their own rules in question are rules on profitability and sustainability allegedly. They are saying that we weren't operating sustainably in 2015-2018. It begs the question why we are still in business and indeed recently reported as being the club with the largest turnover in the world.

The most specific and substantive allegation actually appears that Roberto Mancini was paid a bit more than reported. He has been gone nearly a decade. I just can't see the relevance or importance now.

The real policy is chuck enough mud on behalf of the rags, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea et al and hope that you can make some stick or at least impact City by besmirching their name for a few years. Those at the top of the Premier League should be ashamed at being lackeys of the wannabe cartel.

Victoria

My view is yes! City may have done some creative accounting and played the system. What business does not do this? My accountants do it all the time so I pay less tax. I see City and the rest of the PL do the same. My question is, Chelsea spend £600m and FfP is changed to stop a loop hole. If this was City they would add another boat load of charges.  I think City found lots of loop holes and they don't like it. The upshot is every team can spend millions except City. City will survive this attempt at destroying a legit business. For me, City played by their laws, so everything to me is malicious another legal argument.
City will beat this I'm sure!

Stephen Paul

bbk

I'd be surprised if we weren't guilty of some of this, we are essentially an oil state's play toy. It's the world of big money, who is playing by the rules?

Hesperus

The allegations against us are huge. Basically we haven't been declared our annual accounts correctly over a large number of years in total.

I find this very hard to believe. If this were true there would be criminality involved, but if some of these particularly serious allegations are proven. They'll throw the book at us and I'm sure a rangers / juve punishment will be on the cards.

Neil Mcnab

Yes, I thought of Italy and especially Juve, always something going on. We will have the best shyster lawyers money can buy, if there is a way out, they will find it. Pep has a conscience, if it all starts smelling too much..

reddishblue

Yesterday we were being expelled from football completely now this hahahaha

"The overall sense is that most people expect Manchester City to receive a small points deduction as punishment for the charges they face from the Premier League. "

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1623005823096979456

gavin

Please relegate us a couple of divisions at least. I could do with a rest from VAR.

reddishblue

We all know why FFP was invented. It's stated original intent was to purportedly to prevent clubs going into debt, Platini was involved and look what happened to him. Then the Cartel (football mafia) realised they might be in the shit so they had a desperate need to change the rules to suit themselves in times of need.

This time the truth will out. The sooner the better I hope one way or another.

reddishblue

"The elite have carved up the game and its revenue streams until only sovereign wealth funds can compete at their level — and then moulded Financial Fair Play to limit what can be invested, even by those who can afford it" | ✍️ Martin Samuel

Stephen Paul

This will be Citys biggest fight yet against The Premier League who we all know are corrupt to the core   

lee

Bored of reading about it.
However City have the best lawyer in the business as Lord Pannick is to represent us.

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

Wonder if the players knew about this coming hench the poor form

KunDB

The CAS verdict was a majority decision. Not all the judges sided with City.

Also, they made decisions based on the principals of law for example the leaked emails while discussing ways around FFP were not evidence that this is what was done (the accounting practice) stating there was a lack of evidence such as emails involving the external partners involvemnt in such an arrangement.

I wouldn't trust the commission to be so independent and fair not legally meticulous. They might just say we accept the leaked emails as evidence it happened (which is unfair).

gavin

Independent and fair - no chance. The chairman of the commission is an Arsenal fan for a start. Expect us to have to appeal, again.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: KunDB on February 08, 2023, 19:05:53
The CAS verdict was a majority decision. Not all the judges sided with City.

Also, they made decisions based on the principals of law for example the leaked emails while discussing ways around FFP were not evidence that this is what was done (the accounting practice) stating there was a lack of evidence such as emails involving the external partners involvemnt in such an arrangement.

I wouldn't trust the commission to be so independent and fair not legally meticulous. They might just say we accept the leaked emails as evidence it happened (which is unfair).
Sounds flawed and inacurate , our team will rip them to shreds

Stephen Paul

There are so many people jumping on the wagon with this and blowing things out of proportion

Hopefully we will get a full statement from the club soon   

Stephen Paul

Carragher and Neville on Sky talking about Citys finances

Unfuckingbelievable 

Kilkenny Blue

I'm more inclined now to believe Martin Samuels theory of the 'Hateful 8' and the influence that these clubs have on the FA and UEFA.

The FA have opened a can of worms that could, very easily, be the rock that they perish on.  For one, the City owners and their financial and legal teams, could ask for proof that all clubs have been under the same scrutiny in relation to their wheeling and dealings. Also, the FA auditing process will be examined, and City could request an independent review of the processes and points of reference in these audits.  They can also request the bona fides of those conducting the audits to ensure that they are fit for purpose.

It's also interesting to look at the timelines of both the FA and UEFA on the implementations of any new rules.  FFP for example.  Who was involved, what club representation, formally (and more importantly) informally, was there in the formulation of a set of rules that are so blatantly for the protection of the status quo! 

This is going to get very interesting!

lee

Yes KB.
Open a can of worms.Only got to look over at the swamp for a club that is in so much debt but still able to buy big!!

Kilkenny Blue

Lee, you only have to look at the leniency shown towards Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal and possibly Chelsea.  For example, take the example of Liverpool hacking into the Man City scouting database.  Neither the FA, the PL or UEFA did a single thing about it, even though it was a criminal act.  If this had been any team outside of the 'hateful 8' then there would have been repercussions for the offending team. 

At the heart of this pack of 8 clubs lies Utd and Liverpool.  The influence they hold over the FA, PL and UEFA is extremely questionable.  No other industry would tolerate interference by vested interests like this.  In fact, no other realm of business would formulate regulations that prohibit long term owner investment into an organisation. The opposite would be true, it'd be welcomed with open arms as it would encourage stability and continuity.
FFP was never there to protect smaller clubs, it was formulated solely to protect the so called 'established' clubs.  I really, really hope that the City owners are so pissed off that they insist that the legal reaction is highly aggressive and thorough.  Every club would be shitting themselves, as would the authorities. Counter the accusations with accusations of favoritism and covert manipulation with the vested interests.  Clubs like Liverpool, who always seem to be at the fulcrum of finger pointing, should be grilled to the nth degree, as should the cosy relationships they have with the authorities.  The legal team should take no prisoners and go for the jugular.  They were too 'nice' after the CAS decision.  Now they should bare their teeth

gavin

A couple of tweets from Prestwich Blue on twitter made me laugh

QuoteRule E11 for 2011/12, which we've been charged under, says "Each club shall enter the FA Cup". That was the season we lost 3-2 when Vinny was ludicrously sent off. There's charges for rules about away tickets. It's a complete fuck up. They're amateurs. We;'ll crush them in court.

QuoteBeen going through the PL handbooks for the various years that charges relate to and, for example, they've charged us under Rule E3 in 2011/12. Yet Rule E3 for that year says that, except for televised games, games will be played at 3pm on Saturdays. They've fucked up here.

https://twitter.com/prestwichblue?lang=en-GB

If this is the standard of their workmanship then we should have no problems.

lee

My fave is our new new song

🎵100 Premier League charges, You'll never sing that🎵 🤣

reddishblue

Pep was ace in this and very encouraging. Give it a watch.

lee

Cut him in half like a stick of rock and it would read Manchester City FC

Stephen Paul

Hope we rise above all this shite and win the PL

Honestly, fuck them all

Stephen Paul

Only club in history to get 100 points and 100 charges

We are fucking massive!!

gavin

Second part of Friday's press conference. Epic stuff from Pep. Now he means business. Don't poke the bear Arsenal lol

Victoria

I had lunch today with "bigfoot' and he gave some good advice regarding City's latest battle with the PL & the hateful 8
" what goes around, comes around, and will bite them in the ass: it will come!"
Karma is a bitch!

KunDB

[ Story Link Joe sport ie/url]

[url=https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11740483/The-Premier-League-forced-correct-multiple-errors-charges-against-Man-City.html] Daily Mail Story link

The PL quietly changed some of their charges against Man City on Wednesday. Evidence that they rushed them out on Monday (presumably to show they can govern and stop the government announcement of a regulator).

KunDB

Good video from Ian Cheeseman on the charges against City and the relationship of them to the government white paper on football governance. Sir Mark Hendrick MP (City fan) talks us through the issues and why City are being targeted.