News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Gerry Gow

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, October 10, 2016, 10:08:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

I'm afraid Gerry Gow has passed away. Only 64.

goat

imagine all the sponsorship deals this fine picture of an athlete would get these days

rip

football went shit when facial hair left

lee

F00K

RIP Gerry you mad fooker!!

bry the guy

RIP Gerry i remember you with fondness.

gavin

One of my first heroes. I remember queueing to see him at a hall in Whaley Bridge over 30 years ago now. Good player, good bloke, true blue.

Ludo

I remember seeing him a few times in the 80-81 season on our run to the Cup Final. He liked a tackle did our Gerry

RIP.

bluebrendan

He'd be on a permanent ban nowadays with his tackling, Gerry was also a good footballer when he wasn't trying to win the ball. He did a great job for us in that 80-81 season.

RIP

clevblue

Swiss

Bloody hell, bit young that! Anyone know how?

Just outside of my era he was.

RIP!

goat

lee

that team under john bond was when i first started going to every home match and a few away games(i had been to a few in the  late 70's)...i was ruined for life  :)

gavin

I just couldn't understand it when John Bond left. Not sure I do now.

Rowley Birkin QC

Some City fans were mean to him when he was out in his car one day and he thought "What's the point?"... Well, that's one story he told. Who knows what the truth was.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on October 15, 2016, 01:07:11
Some City fans were mean to him when he was out in his car one day and he thought "What's the point?"... Well, that's one story he told. Who knows what the truth was.

More likely he thought "what's the point..." after his latest talk with Swales about funds to strengthen the team. As Billy McNeill subsequently found out, Swales was big on ideas and short on the wherewithal to back them up.

bry the guy

He was shagging a woman from Reddish who worked for the club,he was SACKED because of her.

clevblue

Quote from: bry the guy on October 17, 2016, 17:02:18
He was shagging a woman from Reddish who worked for the club,he was SACKED because of her.

Ooo I hope that wasn't my auntie, she had a cafe in reddish