News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Otamendi

Started by KunDB, August 16, 2015, 20:06:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

I have no idea how good or bad Otamendi is.

KunDB

Some info / assessment of Otaendi on utube video.

bry the guy

i thought he was in Manchester today.

bry the guy

I just heard he has signed/

bry the guy

He has a welcome to manchester youtube video.

bry the guy

Neil Mcnab

Fee is believed to be 45 million Euros. Now hes very nearly a blue, apparently he was very good at the Copa and in the league last season. Since it took veteran Demi six months and Mangala 12 months (fingers crossed), this could be classed as a settling in season.
Its a big f**k you to Denayer. Guess he will be loaned out again.

No chance for a central midfielder now, pray KDB still pitches up.

gavin

We just can't take any chances with the defence after last season. Safety in numbers. It would be good to see Denayer at another Prem club for a season. It is all very well spending a year at Celtic but if you think Otamendi might need time to bed in having played at Porto, Valencia and in the Argentinian national side then how much bedding in will Denayer need?

Leewonpen

Understand where your coming from Gav but I can't help thinking that all the youngsters with potential rarely realise it because no-one is prepared to take a chance......their real development comes from playing in the first team

gavin

A season at Brum did Hart no bad. You can throw a striker on for bits of games in the Prem but it is more difficult with defenders. Let someone else take a chance with them. Denayer won't be first choice here regardless but if we can find somewhere in the Prem that he has a fighting chance then we'll see how good he is. A season at Celtic doesn't prove much to me.

bry the guy

KunDB

Finally the club has confirmed the signing of Otamendi.

Kick in the clinks to our neighbours and a great signing for us, as he has already played with Mangala at Porto and he is a warrior.

Strenghth in depth now in defence.

goat

is he actually that good?

KunDB

If he had gone to Utd they would have been streghthened significantly in defence.

He is a warriror, a battler, great vision and decisiveness, the type of player (Zabba like battler) that every team wants and needs.

Swiss

To be fair, if I'd gone to Utd they'd have been significantly strengthened in defence and I'm shit  8)

Statto:

Opta's data show that the Argentine has great credentials at the back. Playing for a team outside the Clasico domination, he won more aerial challenges (124) than any other defender in La Liga and was also the top defender for overall duels won (268).

On top of that, he made the most clearances in the division (258), was fourth in terms of interceptions (111) and ranked sixth among defenders for tackles won (74).

He is good on the ball, too, and for a centre-back his tally of 1249 successful passes is extremely impressive and sees him ranked 24th in that field in the whole of La Liga, ahead of players like Neymar and James Rodriguez.

45% of passes played forwards

KunDB

I wonder how this rag fan is feeling today about his July post on Redcafe.

The 'Bobby Manc' one who posted:

"We have players like Otamendi forcing a move to us, Man City have palyers like Delph rejecting them. The Difference."

Expand on that Bobby Manc, please!

clevblue

If there's buying going on, especially If it looks like we are strengthening, it sends a message across England and Europe - that's the best of it until we see what difference they make. If they work out, better still

reddishblue

Quote from: Zabba on August 20, 2015, 18:37:15
I wonder how this rag fan is feeling today about his July post on Redcafe.

The 'Bobby Manc' one who posted:

"We have players like Otamendi forcing a move to us, Man City have palyers like Delph rejecting them. The Difference."

Expand on that Bobby Manc, please!

Imagine saying on citymancs Kolarov is shit and should be sold.

gavin

Everything I've seen on paper suggests he should be good, now lets see him on grass. It is particularly pleasing that he and Mango should already be comfortable together.