News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Hart

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, May 28, 2016, 07:17:17

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Joe's been with us for ten years this summer.

Although slatted by a fair few on here I believe he is the best keeper in the league and there are few better than him in the world. When he makes his top draw saves he gets a casual 'great save' where if any other keeper had done the same thing they would have all the adjectives under the sun thrown at em. Plus with our defence being as shaky as it has been over the years he deserves a hell of a lot more recognition than he gets.

I reckon if it was the tenth anniversary for a certain Spanish rag lama the papers and SSN would be shoving it down our throats so how about we share our favorite moments from our Joe?

I remember in a derby at our place where we were losing and he went up for a last minute corner. The rags won the ball and broke away and shrek took  a shot from the half way ling. Joe sprinted down the fookin pitch like Usain Bolt and stopped the ball on the line. Even out sprinting Sweep if I remember correctly!!!

His best games have probably come in the champions league where we have felt the onslaught of some very good attacking teams with Joe saving our bacon and at least keeping our scorelines looking respectable. Two games that spring to mind are the Dortmund home game (the first year we played them in the group?) and Barca away (the first time in the KO stage I think) when he frustrated the hell out first Klopp and then Messi which led the latter to refer to Joe as a 'phenomenon'. The mutual respect between them at the full time whistle was great to see.

Another moment that I remember is in our second PL title winning season when we traveled to Everton needing a win in the last few games. The game was end to end, wide open and could have gone either way. City led 2-1 when Naismith received the ball inside the box and was one one one and shot to low right corner. Hart got to ball from close range range and got his fekin finger nails to it which tipped it wide. We went on to win 3-2 and it was that moment that I believed the title was ours.

Although not a save or a moment of football he was directly involved in but his celebration when Aguero scored 'that goal' against QPR and his man love in with Clichy with the embrace. Oh football you do make me sound queer at times!!

Nice one our Joseph!!

zacc

he's a great ambassador for the club, I like how he tells it as is in interviews no waffling! :D

Swiss

Aye, Big Joe for the win, he fought off all who have come his way and from a very young age!

But tell the truth BBM, you didn't write that  ;D

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Co writer credits go to my seven year old son ;)

goat

that  explains the better spelling

Swiss

That's what gave it away for me  ;)

nimrod

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on May 28, 2016, 07:17:17
Joe's been with us for ten years this summer.

Although slatted by a fair few on here I believe he is the best keeper in the league and there are few better than him in the world. When he makes his top draw saves he gets a casual 'great save' where if any other keeper had done the same thing they would have all the adjectives under the sun thrown at em. Plus with our defence being as shaky as it has been over the years he deserves a hell of a lot more recognition than he gets.

I reckon if it was the tenth anniversary for a certain Spanish rag lama the papers and SSN would be shoving it down our throats so how about we share our favorite moments from our Joe?

I remember in a derby at our place where we were losing and he went up for a last minute corner. The rags won the ball and broke away and shrek took  a shot from the half way ling. Joe sprinted down the fookin pitch like Usain Bolt and stopped the ball on the line. Even out sprinting Sweep if I remember correctly!!!

His best games have probably come in the champions league where we have felt the onslaught of some very good attacking teams with Joe saving our bacon and at least keeping our scorelines looking respectable. Two games that spring to mind are the Dortmund home game (the first year we played them in the group?) and Barca away (the first time in the KO stage I think) when he frustrated the hell out first Klopp and then Messi which led the latter to refer to Joe as a 'phenomenon'. The mutual respect between them at the full time whistle was great to see.

Another moment that I remember is in our second PL title winning season when we traveled to Everton needing a win in the last few games. The game was end to end, wide open and could have gone either way. City led 2-1 when Naismith received the ball inside the box and was one one one and shot to low right corner. Hart got to ball from close range range and got his fekin finger nails to it which tipped it wide. We went on to win 3-2 and it was that moment that I believed the title was ours.

Although not a save or a moment of football he was directly involved in but his celebration when Aguero scored 'that goal' against QPR and his man love in with Clichy with the embrace. Oh football you do make me sound queer at times!!

Nice one our Joseph!!