News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sheffield United Cup Semi

Started by gavin, April 22, 2023, 16:31:58

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Ortega Moreno, Walker, Akanji, Laporte, Gomez, Gundogan (C), Bernardo, Mahrez, Alvarez, Grealish, Haaland

SUBS | Ederson, Dias, Phillips, Stones, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Foden, Palmer, Lewis

A few more changes than I was expecting. Even Pep in his press conference suggested that he had made too many changes in previous years but then he does it again.

Stephen Paul

Jesus, the stadium looks empty

gavin

It is mostly the Sheff Utd side that is empty. Not a great half but any win in this will be good enough. The commentary has been even worse than usual. They were making out City should be two or three down almost. Then disputing a clear penalty. He booted Bernard's foot. What more do you want for a penalty? Would have preferred Erling to take it. But a perfect penalty from Mahrez so can't complain.

KunDB

Commentary bores me to death.

More rhythm needed and we kill the game off in the 90 minutes without need for extra time

C'mon City

gavin

Nice, easy win. Well done Riyad.

This is the trouble when teams play so defensively. They can find themselves out of the game before they have bothered to try attacking.

Neil Mcnab

Good win at a canter. Palmer played the best I have seen him. Of course against dispirited, tired defenders, but there is a player there.

gavin

So, it's the rags in the final after they scraped through on penalties against Brighton. They must really want to get hammered by City in the final to go to all that effort.