News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Chelski Thread

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, April 16, 2016, 16:42:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

Excellent win. As lee said - my first thought at the final whistle was we played like Champions. A shame we won't be...

Our defence looked a little shaky and Kosta a real threat for the first half an hour and I suspect most of us were thinking "we'll be fortunate to keep a clean sheet here", but we settled and pretty much took control as the game went on.

A very good all round performance from everyone. Yaya and Fernandinho were very good (yes - Fernandinho gave the ball away too cheaply in the first half as gavin mentioned, but I thought he got far more right than he got wrong). De Bruyne was outstanding and Aguero just sublime. I was a little less happy with Nasri who broke up the tempo of several of our more promising build-ups with pointless back-passes, but his pass to Aguero for the second made up for it. I'm sorry if he's picked up another injury. Cracking goal!

My only complaint was perhaps the last 5 minutes (after Aguero went off) when we stopped playing really. That might sound picky but Chelsea could easily have spoiled that clean sheet and Iheanacho only touched the ball about twice for the whole time he was on.

Really good to finally stuff Chelsea at their place!