News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

FA Cup

Started by KunDB, February 05, 2016, 20:09:12

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

We now have to play away to Chelsea on the Sunday 21st February before we are away to Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League on the Wednesday 24th, and then the League Cup Final on the Sunday against Liverpool. 3 tough games in 8 days with loads of travel. I would also add away to Liverpool the following Wednesday and home to Aston Villa the Saturday. Tough schedule.

If we still have only 14 fit first team players then I would be sorely tempted, if I was Pelle, to play several of our promising youngsters in the FA Cup game away to Chelsea.

I love the FA Cup, and still want us to win it again, I will never forget that fantastic day at Wembley 2011, but we also have to be realistic. Better to give our 100% to the Champion League game and League Cup Final (I really could not stand losing to those arrogant deluded scouser twats again).

gavin

He's already said that we will play a weakened team in the FA Cup. It is a shame but it will be good to see some kids get a decent run out in a big game. Priorities, we have to get through the chumps.

alexsam

I await the first rag or media outlet to say - 'with the money City have spent, they do not have a weak side to field'

I also await the ticket price, Villa charged £15.

Be good if Chelsea and City got it set at £20 maximum

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on February 05, 2016, 20:15:50
He's already said that we will play a weakened team in the FA Cup. It is a shame but it will be good to see some kids get a decent run out in a big game. Priorities, we have to get through the chumps.

Missed that, good news. Seems like Pelle is getting more realistic these days, or more likely he knows that CL is City's Holy Grail.

nimrod

Quote from: Zabba on February 05, 2016, 20:09:12
We now have to play away to Chelsea on the Sunday 21st February before we are away to Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League on the Wednesday 24th, and then the League Cup Final on the Sunday against Liverpool. 3 tough games in 8 days with loads of travel. I would also add away to Liverpool the following Wednesday and home to Aston Villa the Saturday. Tough schedule.

If we still have only 14 fit first team players then I would be sorely tempted, if I was Pelle, to play several of our promising youngsters in the FA Cup game away to Chelsea.

I love the FA Cup, and still want us to win it again, I will never forget that fantastic day at Wembley 2011, but we also have to be realistic. Better to give our 100% to the Champion League game and League Cup Final (I really could not stand losing to those arrogant deluded scouser twats again).

Theres already an FA cup thread and I said this same thing 5 days ago

further proof that nobody reads the shite that I write  >:( 

gavin

Did somebody say something  :D. Only jesting Nimmers.

I suspect Pelle is more concerned with his own ends now that it is clear he will be parting company with City. It just so happens that what is best for him is also best for City and that is to win the big ones.

Rowley Birkin QC

Strange acoustics in here. Could have sworn I just heard a distant murmuring in Queensland...

I suspect we might be in trouble fielding a weakened side against Chelsea, as Hiddink has now stabilised them somewhat. But I agree. With what's at stake in Europe and the Prem I don't think we have many other options. And besides - the first choice 11 have been stuttering badly these past few weeks, so why not shake things up a bit for the cup tie?

nimrod

Yaya's already tired thinking about that week

Stephen Paul

It is almost an impossible schedule to get through unscaved