News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Ingurlund manager

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, July 13, 2016, 09:51:53

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

So it looks like it's going to be big fat sweaty Sam, beating other candidates such as Bruce, Howe and Klinsmann.

Christ.

Good article by Sky Sports

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10497682/stephen-constantine-as-far-as-the-fa-is-concerned-we-don8217t-exist

Could we say that the problem with the crap standard of English coaches being that they only stick to the English leagues with very few high profile managers, and players for that matter, moving abroad?

Does doing so take them out of the frame for big jobs in England or being called up by national squad?

Could any of our overseas posters give us any insight on how managers from the country they are in are perceived by the media and how much coverage they receive when they move to a job over seas?

Neil Mcnab

The problem with British managers in general is that if you are going to be a decent manager abroad, you need to speak the language. You need to speak the language well. Steve Mclarens fake Dutch accent doesnt count. Neville was slated at Valencia. The only exception is if you have been successful, you get time. I am sure Ancelotti did not speak German, but is learning. He already speaks four though. Pep spent a year in the states. If more British players played at a high level abroad for a few years it would surely improve their game and if they were later to become managers, the language is already there.

Big Sam might do well, who knows. But does he deserve to be the best paid international manager. No. He should be on performance pay.

Swiss

Is fecking a dark day in football. Fat Sam represents all that is bad with the English game.
Fecking west ham fans protested and got him removed from their club because the football was shite.

Glenn Hoddle should have been offered before this feck stain

gavin

If ever a film predicted the future it was Mike Bassett, England Manager.

Swiss

haha, I've not seen it though, I hate Ricky Tomlinson

lee

Quote from: gavin on July 13, 2016, 20:58:58
If ever a film predicted the future it was Mike Bassett, England Manager.

heheh

goat

england still have a team?

Neil Mcnab

A lot of the "Welsh" team seemed to have English accents. Whats all that about?

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Swiss on July 13, 2016, 20:50:03
Is fecking a dark day in football. Fat Sam represents all that is bad with the English game.
Fecking west ham fans protested and got him removed from their club because the football was shite.

Glenn Hoddle should have been offered before this feck stain
Even better the owner who sacked Sam at West Ham recommends him as England manager. What David Gold is saying, is take anyone, any fecking one, but not Slaven Bilic.

goat

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on July 14, 2016, 18:08:02
A lot of the "Welsh" team seemed to have English accents. Whats all that about?

they wanted to play for a better team i guess

gavin

It is an indication of the shortage of managerial talent in England that many people see Allardyce as the only real choice. I believe the other Englishman in the frame is Eddie Howe who surely doesn't have the experience at this stage. The best choice has to be a foreign manager. Not that I give a shit really, just an observation.

bluepill

Not much point getting someone good with the state of the raw material

Ludo

UEFA's highest coaching badge is the "Pro licence"

England has around 200 of these, Spain has over 2,000.

Go figure.

lee

Sam Allardyce
FOOKIN ELL :o

goat

never thought anyone would ever say this but

thank fuck  we have chris coleman

Swiss

The Elephant man was interviewed n'all, shockingly i think that's worse  :o

gavin

It is official at last. At least we won't be pretending we can play proper football now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36860245

bluebrendan

Fat Sam's appointment seems to be an overdue admission by the FA that England won't be winning a major tournament any time soon. Allardyce is a canny enough manager to avoid humiliations without actually winning anything of importance - that's his managerial history in a nutshell.

Rowley Birkin QC

I may be alone in this, but I think he'll do alright.