News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

England vs Turkey

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, May 23, 2016, 11:58:07

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Took my son yesterday to watch the game.

Two things -

Sterling was dog shit. I have reserved any judgement on him so far due to this being his first season but when he goes down when someone farts near him and looks like he's just graduated from the Yaya school of wandering around.

Wilshere was my man of the match. It hurts me to say this cos I can't stand the arrogant little twot but he had some lovely touches and played some nice passes. I know we've been linked with him a lot in the last couple of windows and I reckon he would fit well into the team, but due to his injury record and dickheadness I would prefer it if we didn't. But will the HG quota force our hand? Would prefer Ramsey but he comes with the same injury concerns. Hmmmmm.

goat

fucking hell, wilshere is just a shit ramsey

wouldnt worry too much about  injuries, could  sign messi and  the next day hes  twatted  by a bus

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Well we haven't been linked with Ramsey have we? We've been linked with Wilshere. Pay attention Steven!!!!

nimrod

We should never buy anymore Arsenal or Everton players, theyre all shit (except Sanchez & Ramsay is ok)

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Other than Rodwell who else did we get from Everton?

shandon

goat

dunne
barton
wayne clarke
adrian heath
neil pointless
tony grant

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Since 2008 Rodwell and Lescott. Wow wee

Neil Mcnab

Vardy is a good player as a centre forward, should be playing there. Not playing him on the wing. Watching Wilshere before his latest lay off, he was trying to keep out of tackles and feeling his ankles after any contact. Sure to breakdown at the Euros.

Players from Everton - Stones.

nimrod

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on May 23, 2016, 14:54:18
Since 2008 Rodwell and Lescott. Wow wee

Thing is they look good at Everton but actually are very average, look at the big hairy twot United bought for shit loads of dosh

Then we have the Arse lot, Toure, Nasri, Adebayor, Clichy

The Blue Blooded Maniac

People forget though at the time lescott was one of the best CBs in the country and did a good job for us for a couple of years. Rodwell was full of potential and had been in Everton team for years and was still only about 23 when we signed him. His injury problems were obvious before then so he never got a decent run in the team and to add that to whoever has to play alongside Yaya having to do the job of two people he had the odds stacked against him from the off.

Toure and clichy served a purpose for the level we were at at the time and we got decent couple of months out of Adebayor.

Fair enough with Nasri he's been shite on the whole.

Like I said at the time we bought these players they were excellent additions to the team and there will come a time when even our current best players will become surplus.

Swiss

More fore lescotts goal scoring at Everton than defending. He gave the ball away far to often and didn't score as many at corners for us

gavin

Lescott was a good buy for us.

Swiss

Almost cost us against QPR on 'that day'

Skip to 4.25

Rowley Birkin QC

Lescott did a good job for us. A decent defender, in spite of what people think they remember. But when asked to bring the ball forward and do something constructive with it (as CB's are occasionally required to do in the modern game) he couldn't pass and gave the ball away too often (as Swiss said). My heart was always in my mouth whenever I saw Lescott ambling forward, looking indecisive, with the ball at his feet.