News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Wales v Belgium

Started by gavin, July 01, 2016, 20:16:13

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

I've mixed feelings on this one with two City players in the Belgium team but generally wanting Wales to do well. Belgium already 1-0 up, looks like it could be a long night for Wales.

gavin

One each and it wasn't the first effort from Wales either. Has to be said they show pride and endeavour that England can only dream of.

Swiss

Yep, decent match for a 1-1 so far (50th)

Denayer doing ok

Swiss

Blimey, squeeky bum time for wales now

Ludo

Our Kev's having a bit of a mare.

zacc

backed Belgium from outset of the comp looks like coming to an end & the red Welsh dragon will be marching on!

gavin

Amazing. 3-1 win for Wales. I really didn't think they would do it.

Swiss

They will be insufferable!

Ludo

Some very worried sheep in the valleys tonight

Swiss

But congratulations all the same

ebm1991

Does this mean all our players are back injury free?

Swiss

Mangala & Sagna - France

Swiss

This articles a bit harsh laying all the blame at Denayer.

http://in.reuters.com/article/soccer-euro-wal-bel-denayer-idINKCN0ZH635?rpc=401

I didn't think Williams was his man for the corner, I could be wrong, but I'm sure it was the fella further back. He looked as though he was covering for someone else leaving him on his own in the park.

Second I have no idea what he was doing, seemed to gamble on the direction but overshot the play completely. Still, it was a nice turn in the box by Robson-Kanu and he did beat two other players before not having to beat Denayer.

Third I can't comment; didn't see it as was out the room.

gavin

I don't think anyone in their defence really comes out with credit but then it was a makeshift defence. It was clear they hadn't played together much in anger.

Swiss

Didn't think their LB was up to much.

A shame for Denayer, especially the media.

Lukaku & Fellani had some really good chances from headers which seems to have been largely ignored that they were missed. In fact, Fellani was terrible imo.

gavin

Unsurprisingly, I don't like Fellaini much either. In his case though I genuinely think I wouldn't like him much as a City player either though even if he hadn't played for the scum at all.

I think you have to give Wales the credit they deserve though. They did well against a number of quality players and their desire was refreshing.

zacc

bit of a theme blame Sterling City player blame Denayer from City, expect Nolito is to blame for Spain's exit.

Swiss

Rowley Birkin QC

Just remember... we are supposed to be ruining football.

Swiss

Cool Quip (Had to re-read it as I didn't have the emphasis in the right place).

Are we the masters of our own demise?