News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Two bids rejected

Started by Stephen Paul, June 19, 2015, 14:22:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

I'm not sure about Di MAria... his face freaks me out a little...

The Blue Blooded Maniac

and his name sounds like diarrhea. Perfect at the swamp

Lekos

Pretty sure Van der vaart has gone to Betis

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Ludo on June 20, 2015, 08:36:32
I don't know why everyone's so down on Sterling

I'm not. If we got him I think he'll turn out a good buy for us (with a bit of luck and a bit of work).

And we need 'British' players...

nimrod

Quote from: Ludo on June 20, 2015, 08:36:32
I don't know why everyone's so down on Sterling;

Probably because he is a whinging little twot who seems to think/believe he is better than he is, he's doesnt come across as a pro attitude player like Silva or Zab who just get on with it, being around yaya could make him worse, a lot worse, birthday cakes/cards or some other pathetic issue.

He's a pretty good prem player imo, nowhere near the quality of Bale or Di Maria (who has been fucked positionwise about by van gaal)

Id put his value at about 28 mill, but due to the above issues I dont really want him at City any more than I want serial nutcase nightclubber Wilshire

I really dont want City being a mega ATM for Wenger anymore and I dont want us to give 45 mill to Bodgers, there are much much cheaper English squad type players we could bring in (like Richard Wright) to meet the criteria.

Rowley Birkin QC

A pro footballer who whinges - well fancy that... Yes, some pros like Silva and Zab are exemplary, but most clubs are full of egos like Sterling's. 

Sterling certainly has a few rough edges that need sorting out. He's had an 'interesting' life (difficult childhood, father murdered etc). Not surprised he has a few issues, but he's still very young and there's plenty of scope for developing maturity. My one concern as far as his character is concerned is the whiff of a suggestion he might have some anger management issues where women are concerned - but all alleged and nothing proven. Proceed with caution...

On the football side of things, he'd give our attack some much needed pace, backed up with some genuine ability and skill. Not the finished article yet, but the potential is clearly there.

Sometimes you have to take a punt on a player on the way up and get in on the ground floor. City don't have a tremendously good record with this sort of thing - too many developing players who stop developing when they join us, or too many established stars who turn out to be a bit past their best after they arrive. But you have to speculate to accumulate, and wouldn't it be nice if City finally got one of these right and we saw a young player like Sterling develop into a real star and a model professional in our colours.

Admittedly the money being asked by Liverpool is ridiculous, and might be better spent on some established big name - but that assumes the big names are flocking to our door. Forget about the pipe dream of Bale joining us - he's not leaving Real Madrid any time soon (unless someone at City completely loses the plot and offers a swap for Aguero... and I for one would be disgusted with that)

nimrod

I agree about taking a punt on a young player

just not at 40plus million and 150k a week

we could buy Ballo back for much less, take a punt on him  :D

anyway I have a strong feeling he will be a City player soon so I hope he turns out great and I turn out to be 100% wrong

Stephen Paul

Looks like we are going to get Sterling no matter what .

andy1966

NO ! NO ! No !  According to Sky City will pay £50 million for him

WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY One thing is for sure , the dippers will end up with two much better players for their 50 million
I bet city end up selling him for about 22 million within two years

A shit day to be a blue (if True)

goat

Quote from: andy1966 on June 21, 2015, 09:00:16

WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY One thing is for sure , the dippers will end up with two much better players for their 50 million

ah come on

ricki lambert and the rest of the suarez money. chances are they will spend the 50 million on fernando and navas

Stephen Paul

Don't think any one else would pay 50 for him never mind 30 .
Not sure if this is going to be an embarrassment to get him at any cost !!!

nimrod

Quote from: goat on June 21, 2015, 09:09:25
Quote from: andy1966 on June 21, 2015, 09:00:16

ah come on

ricki lambert and the rest of the suarez money. chances are they will spend the 50 million on fernando and navas

yeah they were 2 more great buys since Mancini left, cant we sell Mangalla to them ? somebody at City thought he was worth 34 million

Looking back now Mancini was a genius at buying players

goat

as long as you dont mention garcia

Swiss

Word is lfc want benteke. I hope they get charged 50 mil for him too! They're only making a rod for their own back!

Ludo

No he's not worth £50m but if Pellegrini is happy to have him and the owners are happy to buy him then that's what he might have to cost. No doubt we'd have to pay over the odds for de Bruyne or Pogba too if the deals are to be done.

That's the problem with being minted.

Rowley Birkin QC

A friend of mine in the UK has just told me via email that he thinks we are after Sterling AND Wilshere.

No particular reason why he should be 'in the know' (although he does have a sports media connection... )  but bloody hell, if that turns out to be true there will be some grumpy navel gazing on this forum. Me included - I can't stand Wilshere!

Ludo

The Wilshere speculation has been in the papers for a while now and yes, he's not the most likeable of footballers but then again neither was Nasri, Tevez nor Bellamy.

nimrod

Quote from: goat on June 21, 2015, 10:12:23
as long as you dont mention garcia

good with his head though

and the girlies liked him

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Ludo on June 21, 2015, 13:19:15
The Wilshere speculation has been in the papers for a while now and yes, he's not the most likeable of footballers but then again neither was Nasri, Tevez nor Bellamy.

I'd just assumed the recent Wilshere speculation was just a deliberate City fake move to try and encourage / panic Liverpool into parting with Sterling. Never occurred to me that City might be after both!

Stephen Paul

Wilsher reminds my of Rooney , hateful fooker!!!!!!