News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

England Fans in Trouble

Started by nimrod, June 10, 2016, 07:41:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

I don't recall our amateur UK hooligans of the 70's and 80's having the foresight to stick a mouth guard in just before a scrap!  :D

zacc

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on June 14, 2016, 08:47:39
I don't recall our amateur UK hooligans of the 70's and 80's having the foresight to stick a mouth guard in just before a scrap!  :D

No they didn't, the up for a fight mentality is  the same but the preparation very different use of twitter & social media to organise, plus their knowledge of CCTV makes them better at hiding them selves.
The real worry is the lack of desire to sort the Russians will hardly happen when one their ministers says this

Igor Lebedev, a Russian Football Union (RFU) official and MP from the populist Liberal Democratic party, tweeted that there was "nothing wrong with fans fighting". He told them to "keep up the good work".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36520997

Rowley Birkin QC

I agree zacc - it's appalling.

The security inside the stadiums is clearly inadequate and in the streets the police don't seem that bothered (probably that laid back South of France thing!) Somehow I suspect the Paris Gendarmes will be a lot more on the ball and the water cannon and batons will be out, but the fact that several English fans have been arrested and not a single Russian is a disgrace.

goat

would the english be as whingy about this if they won the fights or the game?

zacc

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on June 14, 2016, 09:44:40
I agree zacc - it's appalling.

The security inside the stadiums is clearly inadequate and in the streets the police don't seem that bothered (probably that laid back South of France thing!) Somehow I suspect the Paris Gendarmes will be a lot more on the ball and the water cannon and batons will be out, but the fact that several English fans have been arrested and not a single Russian is a disgrace.

One reporter not sure if he lives in France said the football games in France tend to be played mostly in front of home fans, so not used to dealing with away fans like England/Britain. Well how about be humble enough then to take advice , help from the English police who have? Der

Quote from: goat on June 14, 2016, 14:11:15
would the english be as whingy about this if they won the fights or the game?

Whinging is in DNA of English/Brits  the Welsh are not bad at it either. ;)
On this occasion majority  went for the football whereas the Russians went to practice for bullying another country. 

goat

Quote from: zacc on June 14, 2016, 14:51:36
the Russians went to practice for bullying another country. 

:D

no harm in sharpening up before they host the world cup

Stephen Paul

Riot police are now at fault !!!

zacc

Confirmation of the  attitude amid the Russians.
This quote below the photo says it all

Alexander Shprygin (L) and his football movement are backed by President Vladimir Putin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36546183

Swiss

Igor Lebedev, a Russian Football Union (RFU) official and MP from the populist Liberal Democratic party, tweeted that there was "nothing wrong with fans fighting". He told them to "keep up the good work".

If that's their liberals....

goat

oirland

"go  home , for the french police" wasnt bad  :D