News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Spuds v Chelski

Started by gavin, January 04, 2017, 19:51:41

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Find myself hoping for a Spuds win even though it would put them level with us. Maybe I haven't given up hope of the title yet after all. Hope it is a decent game regardless.

ebm1991

Strange one this, do we want to reduce the gap with Chelsea or allow Spurs to take match us on points.
Maybe a draw is better? Not sure!

gavin

Spuds winning. Lets be positive and say its good news and we can challenge for the title yet.

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on January 04, 2017, 21:08:02
Spuds winning. Lets be positive and say its good news and we can challenge for the title yet.
I think we can challenge for the title Gavin no doubt about that we r good enough it's just whether the manager can get them playing  like we know they can play when there's a lot of effort for 90 minutes......and without the slack  passing that we saw at Liverpool if our manager can get them playing in a fast direct way there's no doubt in my mind that we can still win the premiership.
It's a worry though that they just don't seem interested in some games.
We definitely need a better goalie though, Bravo just isn't up too scratch, major blunder by Pep bringing  him.

zacc

shame City didn't employ the same tactics Spurs did v Chelski

Ludo

We did for a long part of that game Zacc but de Bruyne missing that sitter seemed to turn the tide.

gavin

Yes, in terms of general football City were miles ahead of Chelsea. Unfortunately, in terms of finishing there was no competition at all.

Rowley Birkin QC

I watched the Spuds v Chelski match and I didn't see much different in Tottenham's tactics from ours. (They certainly preferred to play it out from the back / keeper just like we try to do)

Spuds have more pace than we do perhaps? But aside from that technical difference their game plan against Chelsea looked much the same as ours. Crucially Spuds took their chances. 

gavin

In fact they had far fewer chances than City did against Chelsea

Rowley Birkin QC

One other 'technical' difference possibly worth highlighting is Spuds have more height going forward than we do.

We don't score many headed goals from open play, and perhaps we would pose more of a threat if we had an option with more height up front? Spuds certainly made the best of their opportunities and delivery into Chelsea's box. 

shandon

So we should try and get Dzeko back?  :D Or recall Bony?

zacc

spuds look more comfortable & zippier in their execution of those tactics

Rowley Birkin QC

Hence my comment about pace.

zacc

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on January 06, 2017, 00:00:10
Hence my comment about pace.

yup got ya, it was the difference, and I believe Spuds in their third year of this playing style unlike City in their first year.