News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Interesting article

Started by zacc, January 05, 2017, 12:13:47

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Not for me Zacc, boring pretentious shit. The usual.

gavin

Pep has already made history. Made arguably the greatest club side in history. For me he will go down as a great manager regardless of what he does at City. But he can, of course, still fail at City whatever that means to you. It is a tough job now. I don't think Pelle was a success really but he still won stuff. Pep seems a genuine man, committed to his principles. Far from a fraud. But that is no guarantee of success.

nimrod

Quote from: Zabba on January 05, 2017, 15:53:56

I don't really understand Zabba,  how is arguing the case for peps methods against Callum Griffin  (who apparently knows squat) pretentious shit?
Imo what Martin  Samuel's is saying is pretty on the mark......good to see him being positive,  a rare thing now in the press regarding City.

zacc

Quote from: Zabba on January 05, 2017, 15:53:56

How far did you get before deciding that? ;)

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on January 05, 2017, 20:42:57
Pep has already made history. Made arguably the greatest club side in history. For me he will go down as a great manager regardless of what he does at City. But he can, of course, still fail at City whatever that means to you. It is a tough job now. I don't think Pelle was a success really but he still won stuff. Pep seems a genuine man, committed to his principles. Far from a fraud. But that is no guarantee of success.

I'm happy. We knew we had duff players in the squad and we certainly knew that before Pep came along.
Though he did add one to it in Bravo...
But then I can't remember a manager that hasn't made a bum signing, or got hi tactics wrong in a game!

It'll take another season or two before any philosophies are completely in place.

Plus, it'd be boring if we won every game  8)

goat

bravo cant be that bad, played enough for barcelona to be decent

new isaksson

KunDB

Quote from: zacc on January 05, 2017, 23:46:53
How far did you get before deciding that? ;)

All the way, mind reading while under the hacking cough virus which is not good. I hate the press spin pro or anti City or Pep. It is all just words to fill pages. I guess I am too old and too grumpy now and even more cynical than ever.

On the TV I just refuse to listen to the pre and post match shit by people paid to create controversy and stir things up. I just watch the match, often with mute on as the commentaries are as biased and the pre and post match crap.

Swiss

Quote from: goat on January 08, 2017, 12:51:40
bravo cant be that bad, played enough for barcelona to be decent

new isaksson

They didn't really need a keeper though...

zacc

Quote from: Zabba on January 08, 2017, 16:05:58
All the way, mind reading while under the hacking cough virus which is not good. I hate the press spin pro or anti City or Pep. It is all just words to fill pages. I guess I am too old and too grumpy now and even more cynical than ever.

On the TV I just refuse to listen to the pre and post match shit by people paid to create controversy and stir things up. I just watch the match, often with mute on as the commentaries are as biased and the pre and post match crap.

agree it's mostly tripe Martin Samuel does though put positives about City

nimrod

Quote from: Zabba on January 08, 2017, 16:05:58

Another few more years and you'll wear a blindfold as well  ;)

Sometimes I don't get city fans, it's bias shite if a paper has a go at Pep and it's still bias shite if they go out of their way to defend him

KunDB

Quote from: nimrod on January 08, 2017, 23:38:06
Another few more years and you'll wear a blindfold as well  ;)

Sometimes I don't get city fans, it's bias shite if a paper has a go at Pep and it's still bias shite if they go out of their way to defend him

I as good as done that already in some big games for City; listening to commentary my eyes away from the TV unable to watch as too stressed out in case we screwed up, especially against the RAGS. lol

zacc

City supporters are uniquely cynical, ever hopeful, use gallows humour to support City.
However we do need at times to remind ourselves of how far the club has come and now debates are will City make top 4
not fight a relegation battle. How far City will go in CL, how many competitions can City win etc etc .
Always the derby will carry the same fervour.
For so many of us this is the sutff of sky blue dreams