News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Agression & Drive?

Started by KunDB, January 06, 2017, 18:47:58

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

According to a Guardian article _ "Some have suggested Guardiola’s current prickliness is a response to the way the media reported an animated conversation with Begiristain after the defeat at Liverpool. The main topic was said to be a lack of aggression and drive in the group of players he has inherited."

I certainly think that this team lacks desire. motivation and a physical presence.

When they have won (FA Cup, PL, League Cup) they have fallen across the finishing line rather than roared home to victory.

As I said after Liverpool imho it is time for out with the old in with the new. The old has succeeded but are now worn out lacking real desire and motivation to win, win, win.

Ludo

There certainly are times when we've lacked a bit of "Oomph", in midfield especially, and couple that with a shortage of pace it can make our play look a bit pedestrian at times.

Hesperus

For me it's been really noticeable that we don't make enough late runs into the box from midfield. Lampard was a master at this. Zab did it to fairly good effect last night and it made us look a lot more penetrating in attack.

Swiss

Picking zab instead of delph shows that delph needs to go. I too thought zab played the role well last night. Was nando injured?

gavin

Delphis just coming back from injury so it was not a straight choice between the two. Delph should get his chance in the coming weeks. But he'll probably break again

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: gavin on January 07, 2017, 19:24:28
Delphis just coming back from injury so it was not a straight choice between the two. Delph should get his chance in the coming weeks. But he'll probably break again
Was going to quote from transfermarket http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fabian-delph/verletzungen/spieler/50362 his injury record and say much the same. He doesnt have a massive injury problem before us, so may come good. But, as Swiss has said, he maybe just not good enough.
Aggression, drive, motivation, presence is the managers department, isnt it? Keegan could get the "troops" really motivated, driven, the works. He had little to add after that though, like tactics, which proved his downfall. If Guardiola cannot produce both in his team, we have a massive problem. 

goat

that  was delph? thought it was a competition winner