News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

SB V City MATCH THREAD

Started by KunDB, August 16, 2016, 18:56:18

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Starting eleven:
Caballero, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Stones, Kolarov, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Nolito, Sterling, Aguero

Subs:
Hart, Sagna, Fernando, Navas, Delph, Clichy, Iheanacho

Come on City Pep us all up.

I like the team, apart from Willy (bye bye Joe thanks for the good times)

gavin

Glad to see Nico back even though Kolarov did well at weekend. Kolarov seems to be very popular with the manager. Many were hoping they'd seen the last of him too!

Swiss

Because he's more useful in attack than clichy

goat

i had you down as a big fan of willy

goat

striker thats never scored for steaua

well, looks like his lucky day

KunDB

OMG this is the football I have dreamed about City playing for 50 years. Lovely to watch.

gavin

Great half of football. Bloody Sergio! But a great finish for his goal. Sterling absolutely magnificent.

Swiss

Quote from: Zabba on August 16, 2016, 20:28:33
OMG this is the football I have dreamed about City playing for 50 years. Lovely to watch.

Are we watching a different game?

Shocking first 10 min.

2 missed pens

sluggish passing.

Dinho having a mare

Nolito looking off the pace

Sterling playing well though.

KunDB

Quote from: Swiss on August 16, 2016, 20:36:53
Are we watching a different game?

Shocking first 10 min.

2 missed pens

sluggish passing.

Dinho having a mare

Nolito looking off the pace

Sterling playing well though.

Clearly a glass half empty personality then?

2 0 up away from home. Only Peps 2nd start, great passing and possession, raining chances and should have had 6 goals.

Unbelievably brillant.

Swiss

2nd half much better but I still stand by my comments on the 1st half.

We could have seen double figures tonight

zacc

that'll do nicely, starting to see the Pep effect.

gavin

Even with two missed penalties it is hard to understand moaning about that. We were mesmerising at times. Okay they helped us a lot with their approach and defending but surely we can just enjoy winning 5-0 away!?! Great night. I hope the return leg is nearly as good. I'll be there. This management and team deserve support. Football as it should be played. A joy to watch.

goat

was a handy training  match

Ludo

Even Yaya could've managed a jog tonight.

KunDB

Quote from: goat on August 16, 2016, 22:15:32
was a handy training  match

It would have been anything but with Pelle as manager and we would all be panicking about having to win the second leg without conceding.

The way we were set up meant we outplayed and out-thought them and they could not cope, that's what made it a made it a training match.

Another glass half-empty guy.

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on August 16, 2016, 22:08:10
Even with two missed penalties it is hard to understand moaning about that. We were mesmerising at times. Okay they helped us a lot with their approach and defending but surely we can just enjoy winning 5-0 away!?! Great night. I hope the return leg is nearly as good. I'll be there. This management and team deserve support. Football as it should be played. A joy to watch.

To be fair, we were 2-0 at the time and we'd missed 2 pens.

The opening 10 minutes were absolutely awful!

The passing wasn't great and we seemed sluggish.

The talk at half time seemed to have pepped them up.

Still think we could have seen double figures tonight!

Ludo

Yes we could easily have scored more but the general play was a great improvement on Saturday albeit against a weaker team.

We're playing a completely different system than we have done for two years so it's inevitably going to take time to adjust. But all in all a great night.

goat

Quote from: Zabba on August 16, 2016, 22:22:35
Another glass half-empty guy.

give it a week and you will be smearing shit up the walls screaming you hate pep

KunDB

Quote from: goat on August 16, 2016, 23:11:10
give it a week and you will be smearing shit up the walls screaming you hate pep

I am a reformed character now the lazy shits with the piss poor attitudes (give just enough and not a drop more) running/ruining the dressing room and club have been disfranchised by Pep.

Victoria

And the biggest trouble maker is on his way: Joe Hart 😁

lee

Quote from: Zabba on August 16, 2016, 23:17:44
I am a reformed character now the lazy shits with the piss poor attitudes (give just enough and not a drop more) running/ruining the dressing room and club have been disfranchised by Pep.

wait until stoke!!

Rowley Birkin QC

Well that was very interesting....

First time I've seen us play under Pep, and I'm still trying to get my head fully around everything I saw this morning (our time). But I liked what I saw!

I don't know what game Swiss was watching! Sure, some of our passing early on was a bit off the mark, and Aguero's How To Take a Penalty Masterclass is in need of a bit of work - but what REALLY caught my eye was the movement and the tempo. I mean - seriously - what a quantum improvement! I'll forgive the odd stray pass at this stage while the players settle into Football the Pep Way if we are going to get more of that!

And only Aguero could miss two penalties and still score a hat-trick!!!

KunDB

Quote from: lee on August 17, 2016, 00:14:55
wait until stoke!!

Even the mention of stoke gets my stress levels raised.

Mind I expect quite a few setbacks along the way, but I can live with that if we keep trying to play this brand of football.

I did suspect that we might have lost last night.

Neil Mcnab

When SB had energy in the first 10/20 minutes, they gave it a go. We were sublime going forward. Sterling looks a new player, looking over your shoulder at a quality player ready to take your place is a real incentive.

I am sure we will see some high scoring games, with the opposition getting plenty as well as us. The next three premier league games will show where we are.

zacc

have to keep in mind City didn't play all pre season games htey wished, so time to learn the new way still needed, though last eve showing they're quick learners.