News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Vinny

Started by gavin, November 10, 2016, 22:24:39

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

How long can he go on like this? No team can have key players that decide not to play or come off regularly. I appreciate that the guy is trying not to get injured again but is it worth it if he can't be relied upon to play regularly. Previously he was playing too much and trying to come back too early but it could be going the other way now where he's nursing himself to the detriment of the team. At some stage he needs to play a run of games or we need to have a replacement lined up for January. He's a club legend and it is sad to see but a decision needs to be made in the next month or so and to me it doesn't look good.

zacc

I wondered if it was a good way of getting out of playing the international to save himself for club games?

goat

isnt this what reserve games  are for, give him a run there and if he breaks fuck  him off in  next window

Ludo

Might it be a psychological thing with him now.

gavin

Now he does have a groin injury. I feel for him but there can be no passengers if we are to be successful.

Ludo

gavin

Knee this time. He'd be better off staying in bed.

Paddy

Getting past his sell by date

goat

as a player he is still class, bloke cant get out of bed without breaking tho

Stephen Paul

absolute top bloke but Im afraid its not looking good for him

Gutted

gavin

Out for six weeks. He has to be considered as gone come January and a replacement bought. If he plays consistently again I'll be amazed. Big shame but there can be no passengers.

KunDB

Sadly Gavin is right time to move on for the club. Hopefully VK can recover and play at the top level again with some club but it looks in serious doubt. His contribution to City's rise will not be forgotten.

Ludo

If we do buy a replacement in January let's hope we don't send out the same bloke that bought Mangala and Otamendi

goat

isnt the italian top of shopping list?

Swiss

Yer but realistically, how likely is it we'd get Bonucci? He's Italian, at one of the most famous Italian teams in the world and he's loved there...

Also, who is available in Jan...

Sean

The knee injury seem to come from the clash with Bravo, His knee bent awkward as He went down. I hope He comes back from this injury and get back to full fitness. He is the leader that we are missing.

Neil Mcnab

I hope I am wrong, but his time has gone. He will no doubt see out his contract.

A replacement, players like Bonucci and Godin dont want to come. I am sure Pep will sort it. A Bundesliga CB?

goat

denyer cant get a game for sunderland  so thats  the youth ruled out

jingoe

Dick van Dijk from Southampton

KunDB

Quote from: jingoe on November 27, 2016, 13:27:58
Dick van Dijk from Southampton

A bit too old!

90 I think, but yes he played a blinder in Mary Poppins.