News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Blue on Blue Match Thread

Started by KunDB, December 03, 2016, 11:39:45

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

CITY XI | Bravo, Stones, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Navas, Sane, Silva (C), De Bruyne, Aguero

CITY SUBS | Caballero, Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy, Yaya Toure, Fernando, Iheanacho

C'mon City show who's best

goat

sane and navas, a double whammy of shite

KunDB

Quote from: goat on December 03, 2016, 12:16:13
sane and navas, a double whammy of shite

I expect them both to score or assist now.

Rowley Birkin QC

25 mins in and two evenly matched sides here so far.

If we are going to pass the ball out from the back we must be more decisive and quicker about it. Too hesitant at the back at times and our defenders invite pressure.

Rowley Birkin QC

Oh - and the Otamendi yellow a sure sign that the art of tackling has almost been lost from football. Rubbish decision by the ref.

KunDB

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Zabba on December 03, 2016, 13:17:47
Navas assist as predicted.

:D  I think we have to give you that one!

KunDB

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on December 03, 2016, 13:08:41
Oh - and the Otamendi yellow a sure sign that the art of tackling has almost been lost from football. Rubbish decision by the ref.

Agreed and the prick Sky commentators described it as an awful tackle. Ball won.

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on December 03, 2016, 13:18:59
:D  I think we have to give you that one!

dont bother pointing out navas still hit a chelsea player with a cross

KunDB

One more moan NO FOUL. A clear sending off Luiz!

Rowley Birkin QC

Sending off might have upset the balance of the game and not necessarily to our advantage.

We've got a proper game of football going on here. No buses parked. Great contest.

gavin

How does a rag get to ref City matches?

Rowley Birkin QC

Might have been better if Luiz had seen red, the amount of damage he's doing to our players (not to mention the last ditched blocks).

KunDB

We all looked like wasting our chances and wide open at the back. And so it proved.

Costa scored a wonderful goal, Willian goal was an embarrassment.

Hesperus

Piss poor defence again. Well win nothing the way we defend.

KunDB

Well Chelsea worked us out fast counter attacks, boot it up field and we will be stretched at the back and wide open.

When will Guardiola sort out titanic defence?

goat

more concerned that guardiola has been found out than the back 3 or 4

Hesperus

Two straight reds. Complete loss of discipline. We're well knackered now for the next few games.

Hesperus

We need a new defence which is really poor
Planning by the management team. Kolorav, Otimendi, Zab, Bravo are all nowhere near good enough.

lee

Quote from: gavin on December 03, 2016, 13:30:44
How does a rag get to ref City matches?

shown his true colours today that wanker

Rowley Birkin QC

Talk about shooting ourselves in the foot at the end there... as Hesperus said, the next few games will be very tricky.

I'm not too bothered about the third goal - we'd committed to attack and only two at the back, but Otamendi was woefully inadequate for the other two Chelsea goals. I can remember nimrod once lambasting me on here for suggesting Fabergas was a top class player - I wonder what nimmers thought of that pass for the first!

Gutted we lost - and the red mist stuff at the end. It will hide what was otherwise a good attacking City performance BUT for our hopeless finishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Aguero seems to have lost his striker's instincts and De Bruyne somehow contrives to be the most brilliant and most unlucky player on the pitch in one 90 minute football match!

Ref was shite (and I would have said that if we'd won).

lee

luiz the dirty bastard should have been sent off in the first half...i guess sergio thought so as well at the end.

ok we lost but their not better than us....new defenders in january please and i'll be happy

btw stones was good  ;D

Victoria

the up-shot is: the best team won; more effective, better tactics, and more clinical in front of goal. City will will struggle to finish fourth this season. This City team is not as good as the press and your blinkered selves on this board think and it is beginning to show.

PEP OUT! enough of his tip-tap to players with no end product. Goals win games, win games wins points, win points wins leagues and 3 draws and a home defeat in City's last four home games is not a league winning team, never mind City cannot keep a clean sheet: no excuses, the proof is in the pudding.

ps. Bravo can fuck off! quicker the better.

lee

Quote from: Tori on December 03, 2016, 14:52:54
the up-shot is: the best team won; more effective, better tactics, and more clinical in front of goal. City will will struggle to finish fourth this season. This City team is not as good as the press and your blinkered selves on this board think and it is beginning to show.

PEP OUT! enough of his tip-tap to players with no end product. Goals win games, win games wins points, win points wins leagues and 3 draws and a home defeat in City's last four home games is not a league winning team, never mind City cannot keep a clean sheet: no excuses, the proof is in the pudding.

ps. Bravo can fuck off! quicker the better.

pep out ..yr off your fookin rocker pal

Hesperus

Tori out. Your never a City fan BTW.

gavin

Garbage finishing let us down again. Not sorry to see the back of Sergio for a bit, he's been shite for weeks, though I missed the sendings off as I'd left by then. Kev is another who seems determined to miss easy chances most weeks.

Victoria

Quote from: lee on December 03, 2016, 15:01:18
pep out ..yr off your fookin rocker pal

If he is the best manager in the world, then he has to prove it, or maybe he is finding the premier league a little tougher than he thought. whatever, may be, the last four home games have not been good enough and PEP should take the blame. Remember, at some point most of you have criticized Pep buys, and I am in agreement, I don't think they are good enough and Pep has under estimated the strength of other team in the league. Pep seems to be unwilling to change or adapt, each week City have been caught out and yet he has not changed anything; not a good sign in my view, so I am not off my rocker, just being realistic.

KunDB

Quote from: lee on December 03, 2016, 14:46:26
luiz the dirty bastard should have been sent off in the first half...i guess sergio thought so as well at the end.

ok we lost but their not better than us....new defenders in january please and i'll be happy

btw stones was good  ;D

Yes Stones oh so good a season topping 5 out of 10 performance. Stones 5/10 was made to look good by the disaster called Otamendi playing beside him 1/10.

lee

Quote from: gavin on December 03, 2016, 15:45:21
Garbage finishing let us down again. Not sorry to see the back of Sergio for a bit, he's been shite for weeks, though I missed the sendings off as I'd left by then. Kev is another who seems determined to miss easy chances most weeks.

as long as we finish above the rags mate  :)

Neil Mcnab

Goals change games, we had enough chances to put the game to bed. We put more into the first half than Chelsea, had the reward for it. After that, we should of scored, didnt and paid the price against a team not hindered by European games. Blue tinted, but it wasnt that far off.

But, we cannot defend well enough to stop any team believing they have a good chance to get back into most games. We should not need a two or three goal cushion before the players and the fans can relax a little. Its like groundhog day back to the eighties, when any time the opposition attack, you are thinking they are going to score.

Pep needs to show he is the best manager in the world. Or not.

zacc

Today's game was on a par with having a colonic irrigation (I imagine as never had one), still uncomfortable about this playing out from the back style, looks well dodgy at times.
Worse thing was the debacle at the end with City players letting themselves down along with now being out over the most hectic time of the season.

gavin

Only thing Fernandinho did wrong was not kicking the shit out of that snidey little shit Fabregas. Slapping a fellow pro like that is disgraceful and deserved more than he got in retaliation really.

zacc

Quote from: gavin on December 03, 2016, 23:27:54
Only thing Fernandinho did wrong was not kicking the shit out of that snidey little shit Fabregas. Slapping a fellow pro like that is disgraceful and deserved more than he got in retaliation really.

Agree but just like at school the trouble maker who starts things gets away with it having manged to drop the one retaliating in it!!
Assume nowt will be done retrospectively regarding Fabregas?
Aguero's "tackle" was born of red mist, staggeringly unusual, had Saints supporter text me immediately after this which I bypassed by saying had moved onto watching rugby.  ;)  However not really defensible is it Aguero's "tackle" ?
Impressed with Pep apologising straight away imagine Moaneo he'd have gone on about refs etc.
Teams like Chelski & Arsenal are masters at wind ups off the ball as well as constant niggles on the ball that way they cause the opponents to lose concentration which means they fall short in playing well which is an absolute necessity against such teams.

Stephen Paul

we should have won this game with ease but the chances just wouldnt go in .
As for the ref , he was a fucking disgrace but will get away with it because of all this anti City shite by the media and FA

KunDB

It's time for a big rethink for Pep, it is not working in defence and spluttering up front.

I agree with some on here that some players are just not good enough. The Pep system is fine and will work in the PL but only with the right players.

Referee was incompetent but we should have buried the game and didn't and then threw it away.

shandon

Quote from: zacc on December 04, 2016, 11:16:43
Agree but just like at school the trouble maker who starts things gets away with it having manged to drop the one retaliating in it!!
Assume nowt will be done retrospectively regarding Fabregas?
Aguero's "tackle" was born of red mist, staggeringly unusual, had Saints supporter text me immediately after this which I bypassed by saying had moved onto watching rugby.  ;)  However not really defensible is it Aguero's "tackle" ?
Impressed with Pep apologising straight away imagine Moaneo he'd have gone on about refs etc.
Teams like Chelski & Arsenal are masters at wind ups off the ball as well as constant niggles on the ball that way they cause the opponents to lose concentration which means they fall short in playing well which is an absolute necessity against such teams.

Apart from the damage to the team, the suspensions will leave my fantasy league team in ruins  >:(

Lekos

Good job I swapped Aguero for Kane this weekend  :D

zacc

Quote from: shandon on December 05, 2016, 00:44:08
Apart from the damage to the team, the suspensions will leave my fantasy league team in ruins  >:(

yup in the same boat did use bench boost previous week which Aguero gave me loads of points downhill now !!