News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Rags away

Started by KunDB, January 14, 2023, 11:49:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenny Blue

Aside from the goal not 1 shot on target!  We kept possession but did nowt with it.  The 1st goal was not a goal, by any stretch of the imagination.

Worrying times as we're looking a bit toothless.  Onwards and upwards

bbk

Quote from: Hesperus on January 15, 2023, 10:01:49
We're not taking advantage of Haalands abilities. He's making great and dangerous runs into the box and we're just not even looking to play him through.

We seem obsessed with safe slow possession, move it to wings type play. Rather than taking a few risks with attempting some cutting through balls.

We're becoming boring to watch and a bit predictable this season in an increasing number of games.

Also our defence is shite. The winner from them. I couldn't believe what I was watching. Rashford afforded all the time and space he needed and our defenders just watched him. Then I watched utd defend like tigers (touch tight) for the last 15 mins whilst we tried everything and I thought, why can't our players defend like that?

Exactly that. The Haaland thing isn't working but, after watching the MOTD analysis and had it highlighted how many brilliant runs he made for players with more than enough ability to find him (something I do not have the analytical eye to spot myself which might leave me prone to erroneous statements re football / players), I wonder where the problem lies? Why are they not playing the balls to him? They weren't risky balls. They were either balls into space which Haaland could have held up or through balls which would have put him in on goal to some degree. There was one where KdB could have played it in but splayed it wide to Mahrez. Maybe they are just hyper-programmed and it's going to take a while to get used to having a striker. We might just need to take this Arsenal doing a Leicester on the chin.

Victoria

The reality is City can't win every game, every cup,and the premiership every year. Arsenal are only 8 points clear, a lot can happen between  now and the end of the season. After-all, Liverpool nearly chased a 13 point lead City had last season.
In my view, City have not played to their full potential since the Brentford home game and after the world cup.
What's going on with City, I don't know, but it is not a Haaland problem. City were successful before he came. I think it is an issue of too much rotation due to too many games.

bbk

Quote from: Victoria on January 16, 2023, 12:00:13
The reality is City can't win every game, every cup,and the premiership every year. Arsenal are only 8 points clear, a lot can happen between  now and the end of the season. After-all, Liverpool nearly chased a 13 point lead City had last season.
In my view, City have not played to their full potential since the Brentford home game and after the world cup.
What's going on with City, I don't know, but it is not a Haaland problem. City were successful before he came. I think it is an issue of too much rotation due to too many games.

This is sort of my point.

jingoe

Even Gary Neville says he thinks that if he takes off his red - tinted specs the goal was harsh against City.

KunDB

Neville was honest about it, he even said how can the officials conclude Rashford was not interfering with the opponent.

I've watched it again and again and it is clear that Akanji had to run around Rashford at the critical moment, instead of going directly to the ball to try and make an interception/tackle. How is that not interfering with an opponent. So even under the current law the officials are just wrong.

CTID

The sad outcome of this episode is silence from the Professional Referees Association, a hardening therefore of their Ghetto mentality and reinforcement of the stupid interpretation of interference as ONLY touching the ball. So the Salah goal & the Fernandes goals (note the two clubs who are benefactors) will happen again and no player can understand the offside rule and the risk playing a player offside in a game has rocketed.

An absolute shambles and referees terrified of accountability and transparency, which would benefit them and more importantly the game of football.

gavin

They talk about respect for referees. They don't deserve any when they give don't give us the respect we deserve by explaining themselves. What a shower of spineless, weak shithouses they are.

KunDB

Sadly I'm still simmering over what happened at OT.

Ok by now they should have admitted they made a mistake and there was indeed interference by Rashford and the goal should have been disallowed. Instead, silence and bunker mentality. They have to earn respect by being both competent and honest about mistakes.

jingoe

Sky normally have Dermot Gallagher on Monday morning talking through contentious decisions

Just wondering if anyone saw it and what his view was?

CTID

Quote from: jingoe on January 18, 2023, 13:13:26
Sky normally have Dermot Gallagher on Monday morning talking through contentious decisions

Just wondering if anyone saw it and what his view was?

Saw it on Utube and while he said he would have played safe and disallowed the goal I was a bit perplexed by his reasoning. Even by the current rules Rashford was interfering and this should therefore result in the goal being disallowed.

I understand the referees association sent Howard Webb (I think) to Wolves because of the Salah goal incident, no one has turned up at City and clearly after both events the lessons are not being learnt.

Time to go back to if a player is offside, any attacking player, when the goal is scored it is offside and no more messing about.

KunDB

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/wolves-write-to-referees-chief-after-offside-call-against-liverpool/ar-AA16aL4O

The referee visit was about the other appalling VAR decision against Wolves and in favour of Liverpool.

"Toti Gomes thought he had put Wolves 3-2 up late in the FA Cup third-round tie, only to be flagged offside. The decision was upheld by VAR despite no clear evidence that a Wolves player had been in an illegal position during the move."

"But VAR had no camera angle available to provide any evidence to overturn the decision and the teams will reply at Molineux on January 17."

gavin

I saw an interview with Pep where he said that he has no interest in talking to the refs because it achieves nothing. He sends his minions to arranged meetings regards reffing.

But the refs should be coming out and either condemning or attempting to explain it. No chance of actually explaining it as being onside but they should at least have a go if they believe that to be the case.