News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pellegrini's attitude

Started by gavin, February 21, 2016, 13:06:56

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

I find his negative attitude this week disappointing. Surely he could paint having to give a few kids a go as a more positive thing. It is pretty consistent with his attitude to youth throughout his reign though unfortunately. He should have played a couple more in each round of the domestic cups  and not as sub. I hope to see much more positivity and a more progressive attitude towards youth and using it in cups from Pep. I wouldn't like to see 11 changes every round but two or three kids in the team would be nice. And FFS say that it is their chance to impress and get into the first team proper not that it isn't a real match because they are playing.

Ludo

Yes, I thought I was strange that he's almost resigned to being beaten today.

Let's hope he's more upbeat behind the scenes.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I hope he fields more kids than he does fringe rift raft. Be good to see Gunn, Garcia, Celina and Nacho all start and would have been ideal for Roberts as well but someone thought the pub league would be better for him tut

Swiss

I woner if it'd be better to tick him on gardening leave til the end of the season...

KunDB

It is about time someone stood up and said if you mess about the club and fans then you will destroy the FA Cup.

The BBC could have played this Saturday instead of Boring Bournemeouth Everton game, instead they choose to hinder City's chance in Europe by moving this to a Sunday late kick off time. Instead of a mega clash this now have a bizarre somewhat meaningless clash. I wonder who in the Beeb decided City should be made to play late Sunday (a fan of an opposition team, mybe?).

Good chance for the kids, but away to a rejuvenated Chelsea is not a great chance when playing in a team of well basically strangers.

KunDB

Alan Shearer rant at City points the finger at him having picked and moved the game. Not my fault, he is indirectly telling Beeb, this is not the fixture and tv spectacle expected.

gavin

Quote from: Zabba on February 21, 2016, 15:22:41
It is about time someone stood up and said if you mess about the club and fans then you will destroy the FA Cup.

The BBC could have played this Saturday instead of Boring Bournemeouth Everton game, instead they choose to hinder City's chance in Europe by moving this to a Sunday late kick off time. Instead of a mega clash this now have a bizarre somewhat meaningless clash. I wonder who in the Beeb decided City should be made to play late Sunday (a fan of an opposition team, mybe?).

Good chance for the kids, but away to a rejuvenated Chelsea is not a great chance when playing in a team of well basically strangers.

The BBC wanted it Saturday but the police refused because of Fulham playing or something daft. Regardless, our manager has handled it very badly indeed.

Tricky Trev

Pelle got what he deserved, and at the end of the season there will be barely any positive memories of the guy. What a sad story and manager.  :strangle:

lee

one good thing was there were 3 manc lads on the pitch today

Rowley Birkin QC

That is a good thing. Let's hope Pep took note.

Swiss

yer, some of the kids impressed today.

I liked Faupala's tenacity

Barker did well
Cellina needed to get involved a bit more
M. Garcia needed to be played through the centre, I don't think he's a winger!
A. Garcia needed to be a bit more adventurous.

Aderbaiyoyo (SP?) looked nervous at first but settled into the match as it went on. Needed to have a bit more presence when passing.